check Frage Hola! Hello I´m a new user from Argentina

Mehr
10 Mai 2017 10:12 #47049 von MaxMaz
Hola! Hello I´m a new user from Argentina wurde erstellt von MaxMaz
Hi everyone! I´ve got a 2/420 machine for cutting wood primarily. I´m into wooden gears and kinetic sculptures.
It took me like 14 hours to assemble my unit and several more for tuning movements.. I´m still having some issues with the Y axis.

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
10 Mai 2017 13:20 #47055 von peterg1000
peterg1000 antwortete auf Hola! Hello I´m a new user from Argentina
Hi MaxMaz,

Welcome to the club!!

You are not alone in having difficulties with the Y axis - make sure that all the adjustable rollers are slackened off and power is off whilst you adjust and tighten everything. That way you can feel any tightness when you move the Y axis using the drive belt.

If the tightness is towards the non driven end, suspect that the floating bearings at that end aren't floating any more - I had to relieve the seatings on my SC420/2.

Be patient, getting the "tuning" absolutely right will pay dividends later on

Peter

SC 420/2, Industrial VFD spindle from StoneyCNC
UC100 + UCCNC
Cut2D, Autosketch10, Draftsight, Eagle 9.5.1

There is no problem, however simple, that cannot be made more complicated by thinking about it.

• MagIO2
  • MagIO2s Avatar
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Zu viele Ideen und zu wenig Zeit
Mehr
10 Mai 2017 13:33 #47056 von MagIO2
Welcome to the forum and welcome in Steppi-World ;o)

Don't hesitate to ask in case of further trouble. You'll get user help here in the forum or help from SC via mail/phone.

Hope to see some photos of your work once the machine is running.

SC 420 mit DIY parallel + Proxxon mit Mod + HF500 + SprintLayout + LibreCAD/QCAD + FreeCAD +WinPC starter/USB->EstlCAM + EstlCAM LPTAdapter + EstlCAM Handrad + DIY Vakuumtisch

Gruß, Andreas