• javiermartinez
  • javiermartinez's Avatar Topic Author
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Forum Nutzer
More
04 Sep 2016 22:05 #37146 by javiermartinez
Help to select a new CNC was created by javiermartinez
Hi,

I'm new on CNC's and I would like to have your recommendations about the device to buy.
I want to use the machine mainly to create small Arcade cabinets and some other maker projects.

Currently I use MDF of 16 mm. (as maximum 19 mm.) and my main doubt is to know it these machines are ok to cutting this kind of wood.
I'm thinking to buy the STEPCRAFT-2/840 but I'have some doubts about the spindle. What about the STEPCRAFT HF-500 for this type of works? It's too much?
For the software I'm thinking on Mach3.

I will like to know your opinions based in you experience.

Thanks,
Javier

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Sep 2016 01:11 - 05 Sep 2016 01:14 #37148 by Worldhusky
Replied by Worldhusky on topic Help to select a new CNC
Hi Javier - welcome to the forum,

javiermartinez wrote: I want to use the machine mainly to create small Arcade cabinets and some other maker projects.

I would think about to combine different types of machinery for the manufacturing of an Arcade cabinet:
Panels on a table saw and holes / drill holes and cuttings, e.g. for the Control board / partition boards, with a cnc.

javiermartinez wrote: ... and some other maker projects.

Depends on what kind of those maker projects - maybe just a cnc? ;)

It's not only about tools it's also about skills! ;)
Last edit: 05 Sep 2016 01:14 by Worldhusky.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.