check Frage Back to zero?

Mehr
31 Jan 2017 15:24 #43559 von Doug
Doug antwortete auf Back to zero?

Owen Sparks schrieb:

MMorao schrieb: ...and I can't believe some Stepcraft agent came into my shop to sabotage my sprocket, so I'll assume it was me who failed to adequately screw the thing in during assembly.

This is why:
(a) Splines on shafts = Very Good
(b) Woodruff Keys = Good
(c) M4 Grub Screw on circular shaft = Bad
(d) M3 Grub Screw on circular shaft with pulley made from cottage cheese = Utterly pathetic, and shouldn't have made it past prototype.

Much mirth. :lol:

Couldn't agree more. Having to resort to a dab of superglue to stop an M4 grub screw vibrating out of its thread is a bit daft IMHO.

Doug

Stepcraft 2/840, StoneyCNC industrial HF spindle, 4th axis, TurboCAD 2016 Professional 64 bit, MeshCAM, GWizard feeds & speeds calculator, UCCNC
Hobby use: guitar building (luthiery), dsgb.net

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
12 Apr 2017 12:07 #46321 von MMorao
MMorao antwortete auf Back to zero?
Superglue??? Duct tape no less!

Seriously, use Threadlock which is made for the purpose. Recently I made a similar comment in some humor forum that had no relation to any of this at all and I was taken to task by a guy who gave me a brainwash in anaerobic adhesives and why the cyanoglues (not his term!) in general distribution were inadequate for the job. In the end he told me he was the senior engineer in charge of the Loctite research lab :lol:

Clockwork Orange is a S600 with 4th axis, Kress 1050. Software is UCCNC, DeskProto, Rhino, DraftSight. Also a Silhouette Cameo for vinyl, plastic card, etc.

Mehr
12 Apr 2017 14:09 #46326 von Doug
Doug antwortete auf Back to zero?

MMorao schrieb: Superglue??? Duct tape no less!

Seriously, use Threadlock which is made for the purpose. Recently I made a similar comment in some humor forum that had no relation to any of this at all and I was taken to task by a guy who gave me a brainwash in anaerobic adhesives and why the cyanoglues (not his term!) in general distribution were inadequate for the job. In the end he told me he was the senior engineer in charge of the Loctite research lab :lol:

Funny! Yes, amongst all those people who know a little and like to aggressively expound it in internet forums, we often forget that senior engineers and subject matter experts visit forums too. How frustrating it must be for them!

BTW, I didn't put superglue on the threads, just a a dab on the grub screw flatted end.

Doug

Stepcraft 2/840, StoneyCNC industrial HF spindle, 4th axis, TurboCAD 2016 Professional 64 bit, MeshCAM, GWizard feeds & speeds calculator, UCCNC
Hobby use: guitar building (luthiery), dsgb.net

Mehr
29 Apr 2017 15:09 #46766 von Radford
Radford antwortete auf Back to zero?
Where did you get that awesome t-slot table?