• Raincheck
  • Raincheck's Avatar Topic Author
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Forum Nutzer
More
10 Oct 2016 14:07 #38137 by Raincheck
Hi from Ireland was created by Raincheck
Hiya from Dublin Ireland,

I am on the brink of ordering the STEPCRAFT-2/840 Construction Kit + HF Spindle 500 (I will mostly use soft materials wood, plastics)

I’ve a question:

What software comes closest to 3DSMAX and or is it possible to use/export max files.
What interface should I use USB Full or Parallel.

Thanks in advance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Oct 2016 19:09 #38297 by CNCMiller
Replied by CNCMiller on topic Hi from Ireland
Hello Raincheck,

Am I right if 3DsMAX is an Autodesk drawing program? If so you can't import that format in your CNC program.
Unless there is a function of exort your files in a preprocessor G-format.

What will you make with your machine?

If you intent to buy WINPC-USB you must upgrade to full version for 3D or 4th axis and easy tool changing, I use the full version and that works fine for me.
Another program is UCCNC looks a bit like Mach-3, I have no experience with those programs. (you can download a free trial that works in demo mode so you can test it if it satified your needs)
And USB has a higher data transfer rate than Parallel, second now days most computers don't have any parallel ports on board.

SC 1/420 + Gantry extension, Kress 1050 FME-P, NeJe 20W Laser, WinPC-NC USB v4.00, Vectric Aspire 9, SolidWorks 2021

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.