check Question Future SC user from the Netherlands.

• Denus
  • Denus's Avatar Topic Author
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Jack of all hobbies, master of none!
More
25 May 2015 00:21 #21265 by Denus
Hi all,

I've always been into hobbies such as restoration of arcade cabinets, vintage computers and consoles, building 3D printers, RC cars & multicopters etc.
It was time for me to procure myself an useful but affordable CNC router, for small projects.

So I just ordered a SC 2 420 with an aluminium table, along with a Kress 1050 FME-1 (from another online store).
It's not the biggest CNC router around, but at least, it's moveable and will do the job (i hope).
Now we'll wait for two weeks... aarrgghh!

Anyway... hello! :P

Eurotools-24 G-500 & custom-made aluminium table
Kress 800
TB6560 4V3, UC100, UCCNC

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• MagIO2
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Zu viele Ideen und zu wenig Zeit
More
25 May 2015 00:50 #21269 by MagIO2
Replied by MagIO2 on topic Future SC user from the Netherlands.
Welcome in DIY-wonderland :lol: ... well ... soon ...

Of course the SC can do a lot of jobs and wheather it'll do all of your jobs is up to your needs. Recently I started thinking about building my own Ultimaker 2 and found out that the 420er can't cut the parts for the housing ... at least not in one piece :blink:

But without any doubt you'll have a lot of fun!

SC 420 mit DIY parallel + Proxxon mit Mod + HF500 + SprintLayout + LibreCAD/QCAD + FreeCAD +WinPC starter/USB->EstlCAM + EstlCAM LPTAdapter + EstlCAM Handrad + DIY Vakuumtisch

Gruß, Andreas

• Denus
  • Denus's Avatar Topic Author
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Jack of all hobbies, master of none!
More
25 May 2015 01:19 #21271 by Denus
Replied by Denus on topic Future SC user from the Netherlands.
Thanks! :)

True, I will not be able to make full size bartop arcade cabinets for example (in fact, only the 800 is large enough), but my goal is to make little arcade devices based on the (excellent) Raspberry Pi 2b. And of course bits and bites for my RC projects etc.

And I'm sure my daughter will have some requests too :P

Eurotools-24 G-500 & custom-made aluminium table
Kress 800
TB6560 4V3, UC100, UCCNC