file Frage How to measure latency / jitter

Mehr
21 Aug 2016 14:00 #36785 von K3CFPV
How to measure latency / jitter wurde erstellt von K3CFPV
I have a Stepcraft 2-600, UC100, UCCNC all running under Win10 on a MacBook Pro. I design in VCarve Pro 8.5 and use the Mach2/3 Arcs (mm) post processor. I designed a 4" coaster with a logo in the center and it came out fine, except that it was 3.5" in diameter vs. 4". Circles perfectly round. I don't think that VCarve or the postprocessor is the problem as too many folks use that. Could I be loosing steps? I've seen some posts in CNCZone about measuring these parameters, but they were either using Linux or using a tool built into Mach3. I can't seem to find out how to measure them either in UCCNC or in Win10. Anyone have any ideas?

S2/600, Industrial HF spindle (StoneyCNC)
DL445, 4th axis, touch probe, 3D probe
UC100 + UCCNC (Win10)

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
30 Aug 2016 19:26 #37048 von Rory
Rory antwortete auf How to measure latency / jitter
unlikely loosing steps if circles are round..

you post as Mach2/3 arcs mm and yet you mention you draw in inches?

always draw in mm and post in mm..

or draw in inches and post in inches.. (different UCCNC profile needed)

Mehr
30 Aug 2016 21:21 #37057 von peterg1000
peterg1000 antwortete auf How to measure latency / jitter
I don't know if VCarve has this option, but Cut2D has an option on the setup page to scale a design to job size.

Is it possible that this box is ticked by default and is scaling your design without you realising.

Just a thought!

Peter

SC 420/2, Industrial VFD spindle from StoneyCNC
UC100 + UCCNC
Cut2D, Autosketch10, Draftsight, Eagle 9.5.1

There is no problem, however simple, that cannot be made more complicated by thinking about it.