Suche
Lieber Nutzer, die Forumssoftware wurde aktualisiert. Für die Erstanmeldung musst Du bitte dein Passwort zurücksetzen.
Dear user, the forum software has been updated. For the first login please reset your password.
How to measure late...

Benachrichtigungen
Alles löschen

How to measure latency / jitter

3 Beiträge
3 Benutzer
0 Likes
4,179 Ansichten
(@k3cfpv)
Eminent Member
Themenstarter

I have a Stepcraft 2-600, UC100, UCCNC all running under Win10 on a MacBook Pro. I design in VCarve Pro 8.5 and use the Mach2/3 Arcs (mm) post processor. I designed a 4" coaster with a logo in the center and it came out fine, except that it was 3.5" in diameter vs. 4". Circles perfectly round. I don't think that VCarve or the postprocessor is the problem as too many folks use that. Could I be loosing steps? I've seen some posts in CNCZone about measuring these parameters, but they were either using Linux or using a tool built into Mach3. I can't seem to find out how to measure them either in UCCNC or in Win10. Anyone have any ideas?

S2/600, Industrial HF spindle (StoneyCNC)
DL445, 4th axis, touch probe, 3D probe
UC100 + UCCNC (Win10)

Veröffentlicht : 21/08/2016 4:00 pm
(@rory)
Reputable Member

unlikely loosing steps if circles are round..

you post as Mach2/3 arcs mm and yet you mention you draw in inches?

always draw in mm and post in mm..

or draw in inches and post in inches.. (different UCCNC profile needed)

Veröffentlicht : 30/08/2016 9:26 pm
(@peterg1000)
Reputable Member

I don't know if VCarve has this option, but Cut2D has an option on the setup page to scale a design to job size.

Is it possible that this box is ticked by default and is scaling your design without you realising.

Just a thought!

Peter

SC 420/2, Industrial VFD spindle from StoneyCNC
UC100 + UCCNC
Cut2D, Autosketch10, Draftsight, Eagle 9.5.1

There is no problem, however simple, that cannot be made more complicated by thinking about it.

Veröffentlicht : 30/08/2016 11:21 pm
Teilen: