file Question D 420 Axes not moving!

• o.briggs
  • o.briggs's Avatar Topic Author
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Forum Nutzer
More
20 Jan 2024 01:07 #63528 by o.briggs
D 420 Axes not moving! was created by o.briggs
Hi! I have been given a stepcraft machine to borrow since it was sitting in a cupboard and am trying to get it up and running. Software is all connected and good however when I try to jog the machine, the motors do not move. I have disconnected the lead screws and belt at the back and it is definitely the stepper motor itself.

I made sure I was on the latest software version and latest drivers.
I have checked the power cable and it is a 30V box going to the machine.

The motors can spin absolutely fine with no power on the machine
The motors hold their torque and cannot be spun with power on(unless you are forceful and skip steps)
The motors make a faint buzzing noise when you try to use them that stays on for a little while after
The motors spin a TINY bit each time when pressed (not continuously - if press and hold the jog arrow it will step a small amount and then stop.
This is happening on ALL of the motors so potentially a control board issue?

Any advice or help would be appreciated!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.