file Question DL445 Laser Zero pointer doesn't work every time.

• Reckless Design
  • Reckless Design's Avatar Topic Author
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Forum Nutzer
More
08 Dec 2019 02:02 #57740 by Reckless Design
DL445 Laser Zero pointer doesn't work every time. was created by Reckless Design
I have the DL445 Laser working but the zero pointer doesn't work all the time, especially when it is needed at the setup of a job.
After the job is done, it works.
I haven't found the conditions to get it working every time I put the switch in the right position.
It sometimes works so settings & connections are ok.

Is any experiencing the same problem? Have you found a solution?
Please share.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Mar 2020 17:39 #58473 by Bastelspass
Replied by Bastelspass on topic DL445 Laser Zero pointer doesn't work every time.
Hello from germany,

simply hold the pin of the zero point sensor in the bottom position with your finger and very low force when you zero the laser.

Sometimes the zero point sensor likes to jam and the zero process will fail.

Best regards and good luck!

André

More
25 Dec 2021 18:18 #61822 by RonCox
I have exactly the same issue. When I really need it (to position the laser before starting a job) I can never get it to work. No amount of futzing with the switch will get it to come on. I can often get it to come on after the laser has been used, but not always.

A secondary issue is that when the laser pointer does come on, it's dim. I have to turn the lights off in my workshop to be able to see the laser pointer well enough to use it to position the laser over the material.

The original post is over two years old. Stepcraft, where is the support on this issue? Y'all are dropping the ball.