file Frage HF500 starts for no reason

Mehr
20 Sep 2016 23:12 #37565 von per.takman
HF500 starts for no reason wurde erstellt von per.takman
Dear all,

Tonight I've experienced on several (4) occasions that my HF500 spindle has started spinning without me sending a command to start it. In fact, I've been sitting at my computer and the spindle starts all the sudden. It appears like UCCNC is involved somehow because I've kept it open on the control computer and the read back on output 1 shows that the spindle is enabled.

Right now I don't know whether to blame software (UCCNC), my controller hardware (UC400ETH) or the spindle controller.

Has anybody experienced something similar and found root cause?

This makes me scared of changing tools with the controller powered up.

Cheers, Per

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
21 Sep 2016 13:00 #37579 von Karoly
Karoly antwortete auf HF500 starts for no reason
Your multimeter is your friend helping you figuring out if there is really a signal which turns it on or if it is a problem with the spindle electronics.

Mehr
21 Sep 2016 16:20 #37593 von per.takman
per.takman antwortete auf HF500 starts for no reason
Thanks Karoly,

I've been giving it some thought and since the visual feedback is present in UCCNC for output 1 under Diagnostics it seems to me like the problem must be in either in UCCNC or UC400ETH. I can't see how a hardware problem with the HF500 can cause an output of the UC400ETH to switch state. I've therefore asked cncdrive.com for help troubleshooting this.

Cheers, Per

Mehr
21 Sep 2016 17:44 #37594 von peterg1000
peterg1000 antwortete auf HF500 starts for no reason
Hi,

This will be of little help to you, but my HF350 operates as expected under UCCNC V1.2 and UC100 so I doubt if it is a UCCNC problem.

Peter

SC 420/2, Industrial VFD spindle from StoneyCNC
UC100 + UCCNC
Cut2D, Autosketch10, Draftsight, Eagle 9.5.1

There is no problem, however simple, that cannot be made more complicated by thinking about it.

Mehr
22 Sep 2016 08:11 #37612 von per.takman
per.takman antwortete auf HF500 starts for no reason
After working with the UCCCNC crew it turns out that this problem may be caused by a user written plug-in (auto-leveler) that was distributed together with the latest version. It also caused jogging to stop working when I loaded a NC-file. When the plug-in was disabled, it started working again, but their recommendation was to remove the plug-in completely to see that the spindle issue does not appear again.

/Per

Mehr
22 Sep 2016 17:38 #37618 von Sjömark
Sjömark antwortete auf HF500 starts for no reason
Hello.

Strange behavour.

I have a different problem.
When i run a drill-file generated by pcb2gcode, it often won't spin upp after a tool swap.
It looks like the HF500 controller box resets, and the spindle plays the startup sound, and i have to stop the script so the tool don't crash into the part.

Is this a normal problem?

/Terje.

Mehr
22 Sep 2016 18:58 #37620 von peterg1000
peterg1000 antwortete auf HF500 starts for no reason
Hi,

I had the very same problem with my HF350. After spending a lot of time researching the problem, it came down to an occasional overcurrent situation when the commutation tried unsuccessfully to synchronise to motor rotation. This drives the power supply to its overcurrent limit and severely compromises the start up.

I changed some parameters in the motor start up sequence at the motor manufacturers recommendation, and whilst this did improve matters somewhat there are still occasions when the ESD button has to be used.

Rory has the low down on this - we had many discussions on the subject a few months back.

Peter

SC 420/2, Industrial VFD spindle from StoneyCNC
UC100 + UCCNC
Cut2D, Autosketch10, Draftsight, Eagle 9.5.1

There is no problem, however simple, that cannot be made more complicated by thinking about it.

Mehr
24 Nov 2016 21:20 #39753 von fredw
fredw antwortete auf HF500 starts for no reason
I have another problem which is related to the HF spindle drive, probably finger trouble!

I cannot get the spindle to run faster than 45%. Setting it manually I can run to 99%, I have set the maximum speed in the parameters to 20000 and have also set the tool speed to 20000, setting S20000 in the gcode program, but still get 45% speed.

Any suggestions would be welcome, thanks in advance

Fred wilkinson

Mehr
24 Nov 2016 22:29 #39754 von ubo
ubo antwortete auf HF500 starts for no reason
Check whether the speed is limited by your control software.

Gruß,
Uwe

WinPC-Nc V4, EstlCAM V11 / V12
www.ubo-cnc.de