file Frage Fibers after cutting.

Mehr
09 Jul 2017 23:59 - 10 Jul 2017 00:00 #48653 von MWinn
Fibers after cutting. wurde erstellt von MWinn
Hi All,

First post here after getting my 840.
I have been cutting out some logos for family members, after some tweaking to get my tool changer to behave everything is working as planned.

I am cutting on the line of the logo down to about 0.075, I then paint all the lines black then sand it down so just the lines are black.

My question is:
Is there a trick to eliminating or cutting down on the amount of little fibers that are the result of the cut? Right now I steal my wifes finger nail files and use those to clean all the grooves before I paint.

Is there a better bit maybe? I'm using the 16th in bit that came with my machine.

Thanks
MWinn

Dieser Beitrag enthält einen Bildanhang.
Bitte anmelden (oder registrieren) um ihn zu sehen.

Letzte Änderung: 10 Jul 2017 00:00 von MWinn.
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: DocBrown

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
10 Jul 2017 08:30 #48654 von AlanUK
AlanUK antwortete auf Fibers after cutting.
Hi, very nice work, well done. There are two main types of cutter, 'Down cut' and 'Up cut', this relates to the direction of the cutter spiral, the standard cutters are UP cutting so the top of the material has a rough edge, having been lifted by the spiral, a DOWN cut stops this but you can get a rough edge on the underside when full cut through, the main problem with DOWN is the cut material stays in the groove, so important to use a vacuum cleaner, but as you are not going full depth could be the answer to your problem. I use a down cut with thin ply (3 or 4 mm) which gives a very neet top surface edge. A down cut also helps when cutting very thin material as it is pushing it down against the base board, instead of it lifting. there is a third type of cutter which does not have any spiral, this type could be what you need, but it may be difficult to get a small diameter version.

SC600/2, Kress 1050, UCCNC with UC100, Cut2D Pro, TurboCAD and Fusion 360

Mehr
10 Jul 2017 11:56 #48657 von MWinn
MWinn antwortete auf Fibers after cutting.
Thanks for the pointers Alan.

I thought I broke something yesterday, It was in the middle of a cut and the power went out, and when it came back on the spindel didnt start but the pattern continued dragging the bit across the wood, I managed to hit the stop button before any damage.

Couple other items I've made this week. I haven't tried anything 3D yet but plan to soon.

Thanks Again
MWinn

Dieser Beitrag enthält Bilddateien.
Bitte anmelden (oder registrieren) um sie zu sehen.

Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: DocBrown