file Frage 2D milling of a warning sign with STEPCRAFT S420

Mehr
28 Aug 2014 18:21 #7701 von Rory
Shown here is a video of sign being machines. This video uses the UCCNC software available from CNC Drive. We will soon be supporting this software as well as Mach3 to STEPCRAFT customers.

Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: Mr. B

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
28 Aug 2014 19:30 - 28 Aug 2014 19:31 #7702 von MrMaJo
Hello Rory,

who is "we"? Stepcraft themself, or StoneyCNC?

I see you are Moderator in the Forum, I would like to understand if you talk "in the Name" of Stepcraft or StoneyCNC (your own Company?)

It is really nice to watch all your Videos showing the different materials on the Stepcraft.

Many thanks,
Marco

Gelernt auf Stepcraft 420
Jetzt mit der Sorotec AL-1107 unterwegs.
Letzte Änderung: 28 Aug 2014 19:31 von MrMaJo.

Mehr
29 Aug 2014 01:06 #7711 von Rory
Marco - We represent StoneyCNC and the UK/Irish point of contact for STEPCRAFT. We currently support the system with Mach3 and soon the UCCNC. More information on our website.

We like to use videos to educate and show people what is possible with the machines. Sometimes it is hard to explain in just pictures.

If you would like to see a certain application shown - please let us know .

Mehr
30 Aug 2014 10:16 #7722 von creastudiostore
creastudiostore antwortete auf 2D milling of a warning sign with STEPCRAFT S420
Hi Roy,

I am interested in buying one of this machines, but I did not see yet a video with an application like you see in the Roland MDX-40.

Example: The game controller shown in this video -

I am an Industrial Designer and I am searching for a solution that let me do this kind of things.

Best Regards

Mehr
30 Aug 2014 11:08 #7723 von Rory
We will make a video of an application like in your video in the next week or 2. We need to wait to get our new HF spindles before we can do this. It is best to try and do this with the HF as the bearings are heavier than the proxxon. If you have not seen a video in a week or so - send a new message to remind us.

• High-Tower
  • High-Towers Avatar
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Ein Tag ohne ein Lächeln ist ein verlorener Tag.
Mehr
30 Aug 2014 22:08 #7730 von High-Tower
Nice machine, but no competition for a Stepcraft at this Price !

Preis:

7.854,00 EUR, inkl. 19 % MwSt. zzgl. Versandkosten

see here at the end :MDX40a

have a nice day Guido

SC 420 mit UC 100 und T-Nuten Maschinentisch, Vakuumtisch VT-3045 fest auf HPL-Platte montiert,
Heißschneidebogen Eigenbau, Portalerhöhungen, Proxxon mit James Spindelkopf,
Estlcam V7xxx, V8xxx,V9xxx und V10xxx, Mach3, Turbo CAD V18,Inkscape V0.91, Fusion 360
und bis zum Winter eine Eigenbau...

Mehr
02 Sep 2014 18:02 #7817 von creastudiostore
So, in your opinion the Professional drill/grinder IBS/E from Proxxon doesn't do the job?

Mehr
02 Sep 2014 23:16 #7841 von Rory
It depends on the application. And how you use the machine. We have some great examples of work carried out with the proxxon and Dremel from people with the STEPCRAFT system. We have had a dremel in our demo machine since day 1 and its still singing and has done a lot of work.

The HF spindle allows the larger cutters to be installed - so a 1/4inch/6mm ballnose for example into the ER11 collet. This makes 3D profiling quicker and easier. The cutter can also go deeper. However - the larger cutters allow you to put more pressure on the machine frame. So its a trade off. You have to watch the toolpaths and the cutting depths with the larger cutters.

It also allows 6mm / 1/4 inch Vbits to be loaded which work great with VcarvePro etc for engraving. But you do have to watch the pass depths and speeds of the larger cutters.

The HF spindle allows more power to be brought to the cutting head. But - its a price/performance trade off. The Proxxon/Dremel are fit for purpose if used properly.

Mehr
03 Sep 2014 16:03 #7866 von creastudiostore
Thank you Rory for the extensive reply. I have never worked with one of this machines and so everything is new for me. I am trying to understand better this kind of system, so I can make the best buy for my projects.
I am also searching for a simple to use software to make the kind of jobs that i showed you in the Roland video.
I find Cut3D from Vectric very simple and with a nice interface. I wonder if this software works great with the Stepcraft Systems?

Mehr
03 Sep 2014 17:46 #7868 von Rory
Cut3D is good - it lets you import STL files and apply 3D toolpaths. Its really user friendly. You can indeed use the STEPCRAFT machine to do this.

We will have demo's soon - by the middle of next week.