file Frage Exhaust adapter and Automatic Tool Changer

Mehr
28 Sep 2016 16:56 - 28 Sep 2016 16:57 #37822 von pablo0515
Exhaust adapter and Automatic Tool Changer wurde erstellt von pablo0515
I'm a cnc/stepcraft newbie looking at stepcraft products and remain with some questions, I hope some more experienced user can give me some feedback:

I'm looking at the 2/600 or 2/840 using the HF Spindle and the automatic tool changer.

- To avoid dust all over the place, could I add and use the exhaust adapter in combination with the automatic tool changer?
- To get a polished effect on the sides of acrylic/plexiglass milling, I saw a datron.de video (link: www.datron.com/tools/acrylic-tools.php ), making a beautifull part with really smooth edges. The story tells, that they accomplished this using their specific endmills. Can those tools also be used on the StepCraft, and would it also be possible to get comparable result using StepCraft?
- Could the threading in acrylic also be made (as in the video link above) using stepcraft?

Thanks very much in advance ...
Letzte Änderung: 28 Sep 2016 16:57 von pablo0515.

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
07 Mai 2017 16:23 - 07 Mai 2017 16:25 #46957 von Doug
I can answer one of your questions at least.

I used a single flute solid carbide end mill to cut 3 mm acrylic sheet and got a very smooth but opaque edge. If you want it transparent you would have to flame polish but I don't think any further sanding or preparation would be required. See this thread 7th post down (#46585):

https://www.stepcraft-systems.com/en/forum/accessories/4125-industrial-quality-small-hf-spindle-from-stoneycnc

Doug

Stepcraft 2/840, StoneyCNC industrial HF spindle, 4th axis, TurboCAD 2016 Professional 64 bit, MeshCAM, GWizard feeds & speeds calculator, UCCNC
Hobby use: guitar building (luthiery), dsgb.net
Letzte Änderung: 07 Mai 2017 16:25 von Doug.

Mehr
20 Okt 2017 02:47 #50909 von bmartens
If you want to really get into the different ways of polishing acrylic, this video gives a good comparison - depending on what your intended uses for the acrylic is:

For more info on the automatic tool changer with the exhaust adapter, look here:
www.stepcraft-systems.com/en/forum/accessories/4881-couple-add-ons-for-my-840#50900
@MWinn made a different tool holder, spaced wider (1.25" on centre) - presumably changing the scripts for the tool changer as well - to make it work with an exhaust adapter. If you're wanting more info, you could try contacting him. The different exhaust adapters (for different spindles) may have different specifications, so those details may be important to note. (He doesn't use the HF-500 spindle)

I hope this helps!