file Frage how do i cut this

• ojohnnyo1969
  • ojohnnyo1969s Avatar Autor
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Forum Nutzer
Mehr
17 Mai 2015 14:57 #20800 von ojohnnyo1969
how do i cut this wurde erstellt von ojohnnyo1969
using cut3d. cant seem to cut it. will send to mach 3. generation i am making is wrong. cant get it right! what am i doing wrong

Dieser Beitrag enthält einen Anhang.
Bitte anmelden (oder registrieren) um ihn zu sehen.

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
17 Mai 2015 16:55 - 17 Mai 2015 16:55 #20804 von frankjoke
frankjoke antwortete auf how do i cut this
Do you have any original drawing which you can export in DxF or something better for CAM? STL is good for 3D printing but not for cutting.

The part looks as it could be cutted but as STL dies not show also dimensions it apperas to me very small (diameter of 5.4mm , in case you did it in other dimension it might be bigger). If it's really onl 5.4 then it will be a challenge to cut because of very slim corners you need to work with very thin mills.

Frank
Steppcraft 600/2 + HF500 + SwitchBox + Laser + Schleppmesser
Absaugung und Vakuumtisch
an Mach3 oder UCCNC mit Taster für Z-Null und Werkzeuglänge
Letzte Änderung: 17 Mai 2015 16:55 von frankjoke.

• ojohnnyo1969
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Forum Nutzer
Mehr
17 Mai 2015 17:25 - 17 Mai 2015 17:26 #20805 von ojohnnyo1969
ojohnnyo1969 antwortete auf how do i cut this
i cut this on a manual deckel mill. using a long 3mm. i also cut it on a rotary table with a gap between the turbine and the work holding of 1.6 cm the dimensions are 54mm x 54mm x 160mm. i cuts ok on the manual, just a pain in the rear. I figured i would give it a try on the cnc.
Letzte Änderung: 17 Mai 2015 17:26 von ojohnnyo1969.

• MagIO2
  • MagIO2s Avatar
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Zu viele Ideen und zu wenig Zeit
Mehr
17 Mai 2015 18:11 #20809 von MagIO2
MagIO2 antwortete auf how do i cut this
So, obviously there is some scaling involved, which does not work in each software. If you drop the file in an online viewer it also says 5mm x 5mm x 2mm.

But are you sure with 160mm? No chance to do that on the SC, so the only way to do the 160mm center hole is to use a drill-press. Then you could probably do the rest on the circular table.

SC 420 mit DIY parallel + Proxxon mit Mod + HF500 + SprintLayout + LibreCAD/QCAD + FreeCAD +WinPC starter/USB->EstlCAM + EstlCAM LPTAdapter + EstlCAM Handrad + DIY Vakuumtisch

Gruß, Andreas

• ojohnnyo1969
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Forum Nutzer
Mehr
17 Mai 2015 19:56 #20818 von ojohnnyo1969
ojohnnyo1969 antwortete auf how do i cut this
mistake. the height is only 1.6 cm

i am using a 3mm endmill with a smaller shaft. giving the cut depth 2.5 cm. i also had made another mistake with the setup. its showing the toolpaths now. however i want the the final pass to go around the part. this seems to peck at the part. i need a really nice finish. this i think will leave marks. i do not think cut3d is capable of cutting in this fashion
am i wrong