file Frage Very slim vise - DIY

Mehr
06 Apr 2015 14:55 - 06 Apr 2015 14:56 #18347 von julius
Very slim vise - DIY wurde erstellt von julius
I was searching for an ultra-flat/slim vise to save Z-distance travel as much I can. Apparently there are no slim vise available on the market.
:(

For this reason I was really impressed by the simplicity of the flat vise that Luiz Ally built for his Sherline machine. A lot of people copied his idea, I don't excluded to copy it too.

Maybe you're interest too. If so, take a look at this video: A slim milling vise to Sherline

(Here below a little refinement of the same idea.)

SC300 + Spindle HF500 + Portalerhöhung + LinuxCNC + gsimple

Dieser Beitrag enthält einen Bildanhang.
Bitte anmelden (oder registrieren) um ihn zu sehen.

Letzte Änderung: 06 Apr 2015 14:56 von julius.
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: Mr. B

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

• MagIO2
  • MagIO2s Avatar
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Zu viele Ideen und zu wenig Zeit
Mehr
06 Apr 2015 15:06 #18348 von MagIO2
MagIO2 antwortete auf Very slim vise - DIY
Here are some flat vises: CNC Plus

SC 420 mit DIY parallel + Proxxon mit Mod + HF500 + SprintLayout + LibreCAD/QCAD + FreeCAD +WinPC starter/USB->EstlCAM + EstlCAM LPTAdapter + EstlCAM Handrad + DIY Vakuumtisch

Gruß, Andreas
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: Mr. B

Mehr
06 Apr 2015 17:33 - 06 Apr 2015 17:34 #18350 von julius
julius antwortete auf Very slim vise - DIY

MagIO2 schrieb: Here are some flat vises: CNC Plus

Yeah, I'm going to buy one of them now. Unfortunately they have one important drawbacks: the two horizontal long threaded rods occupy space between the jaws. So you're workpiece cannot touch the surface of the worktable, this means that:

a) the position of the workpiece it's always ca. 2cm above the table (this reduces Z-travel distance)
b) you cannot use the vise to easily square a block of irregular material like traditional mill-machinists does.

At the moment I have no time to build one flat-vise, so I will go for cnc-plus. In future I will resell them.

Letzte Änderung: 06 Apr 2015 17:34 von julius.

Mehr
25 Apr 2015 11:24 #19453 von julius
julius antwortete auf Very slim vise - DIY
Endlich!
The vise fro CNC-plus.de has arrived (they was in holidays)! Soon I will report here my impressions.