file Frage STEPCRAFT 840 Engraving with the KRESS

Mehr
30 Jan 2015 21:18 #14886 von Rory
STEPCRAFT 840 Engraving with the KRESS wurde erstellt von Rory
Shown here is an engraving toolpath run with the KRESS spindle in the STEPCRAFT 840.

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

• Matei
  • Mateis Avatar
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Forum Nutzer
  • SC 600, LinuxCNC
Mehr
30 Jan 2015 22:29 #14888 von Matei
Schafft die V1 auch die KRESS 1050 FME-1? (Aufnahme, Kräfte...)

Beste Grüße

Matei

Mehr
31 Jan 2015 08:43 #14898 von ChrisSc
Reminder: This is the english forum!

First, you won't be able to mount the Kress to the V1 witout modifications. Second, it is not advised to use such heavy machines on the V1 and it might void your warranty.

Cheers,
Christian

Mehr
31 Jan 2015 13:29 #14917 von Rory

Matei schrieb: Schafft die V1 auch die KRESS 1050 FME-1? (Aufnahme, Kräfte...)

thank you for message - please keep the English forum in English.

The question looks to ask "is/can the 1050FME working in the V1 SC". No - this is the V2. You can make the V1 compatible with the kress but it is not supported and not recommended.

Also - remember that the 1050 FME kress consumes 1050 watts of power from the power connector. BUT... the "effective power"... ie the power that gets transferred to the cutter - is much less - approx 560watts. so be careful comparing like with like. you cannot simply just look at the power rating.

the transfer of the supplied power has to be transferred into rotational motion. This happens across a commutator via brushes in the KRess which is a lot less efficient that a three phase brush less motor.

The HF spindle will be 90+% efficient (don't have exact specs) so the 500 Watt spindle at full RPM will have almost the same power as the Kress at full RPM.

this is why our professional 0.75kW HF spindle for commercial work is far better than the 1050kress - even though the name plate suggest otherwise.

This is worth a test sometime to validate - we will see can we do this...

yes... the HF spindle is more expensive.

but...
- potentially equivalent power
- more compact
- longer lasting
- no brushes
- lighter and more suited to the STEPCRAFT frame
- the Kress is quite loud

open to other opinions here...
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: em1424

Mehr
01 Feb 2015 21:24 - 01 Feb 2015 21:25 #15018 von em1424
Hi Rory,
The S840 looks like a big winner! I have sent a email to Eric, Stepcraft US,to see if I can change my order from the S600 to a s840. Thanks for the info and Video. I think I would later on, change the Dremel to a spindle. After I have some experience under my belt!
Thanks,
Leo
Letzte Änderung: 01 Feb 2015 21:25 von em1424. Grund: oops
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: Rory

Mehr
01 Feb 2015 22:38 #15036 von Rory
The 840 is in demand :) Good luck with purchase and be sure to share your creations !!