file Frage I'm New !!!

Mehr
02 Apr 2017 14:21 - 02 Apr 2017 14:23 #46057 von RobWallace
I'm New !!! wurde erstellt von RobWallace
Hi, my name is Rob and with my wife Linda we hope to be soon creating Milling and Burning.
We have a 600 StepCraft that I have just finished completing the build side and soon to start on the software, being new to CNC we are looking forward to getting to know our machine and will without doubt come across thing that we can not solve alone but I an sure we will have a lot of good advice from you all.
Purchased from Rory @StoneyCNC I have to thank him and his staff for the advice given the checking of my order to the seamless delivery and ease they have made us feel, Thank You.

SC600, Kress 1050-1, DL445, 4th Axis, Wood Burner and Drawing pen all in an Enclosure. VCarve Desktop, VCarve Photo with UC400ETH & UCCNC :)

Dieser Beitrag enthält einen Bildanhang.
Bitte anmelden (oder registrieren) um ihn zu sehen.

Letzte Änderung: 02 Apr 2017 14:23 von RobWallace. Grund: Unsucessful rotation of my Pic attachment
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: Doug

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
02 Apr 2017 14:48 #46058 von Pirelli
Pirelli antwortete auf I'm New !!!
hi Rob,
nice to see you here.
and a happy time with your Steppie :)

Greetings

Uli

Viele Grüße

Uli
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: RobWallace

Mehr
02 Apr 2017 17:10 #46069 von AlanUK
AlanUK antwortete auf I'm New !!!
Hello Rob,

Welcome to the forum, I also have the 600, also from StoneyCNC and am on the edge of London so nice to be in contact with another UK user.

SC600/2, Kress 1050, UCCNC with UC100, Cut2D Pro, TurboCAD and Fusion 360

Mehr
06 Apr 2017 18:39 - 06 Apr 2017 18:40 #46180 von Doug
Doug antwortete auf I'm New !!!
Hello Rob and welcome to the forum.

I hope your Stepcraft performs as good as it looks and you don't run into too many difficulties. You might want to place it on the level, although it might work o.k. at that 90 degree angle in your photo! ;) :lol:

Even if you do have some difficulties, you will hopefully find that we have encountered them before and can offer specific help and advice, so long as you describe (and preferably illustrate with photos) the issue.

Other than that, I look forward to seeing your creations.

Regards.

Doug

Stepcraft 2/840, StoneyCNC industrial HF spindle, 4th axis, TurboCAD 2016 Professional 64 bit, MeshCAM, GWizard feeds & speeds calculator, UCCNC
Hobby use: guitar building (luthiery), dsgb.net
Letzte Änderung: 06 Apr 2017 18:40 von Doug.

Mehr
07 Apr 2017 20:08 #46211 von RobWallace
RobWallace antwortete auf I'm New !!!
ROTFL :)

SC600, Kress 1050-1, DL445, 4th Axis, Wood Burner and Drawing pen all in an Enclosure. VCarve Desktop, VCarve Photo with UC400ETH & UCCNC :)

Mehr
07 Apr 2017 20:34 #46214 von RobWallace
RobWallace antwortete auf I'm New !!!
After a rough start and many hours of tutorials and lots of head scratching :S (all software related), shouting at the Wife and she shouting back :evil: it was like an epiphany ---- Ta---Da lol, and I love it.

This is a design that I had asked my wife Linda to do for me, just a simple thing for me to make her an acrylic LED sign, at first done a while back with a hand held engraver and a Dremil but although I think i'm quite creative (not as creative or competent as the Missus) my practical skills free hand did not turn out as well as I would be happy with. Now I return with a machine to turn my ideas into reality and providing I can get the other bits right (software)my brain will not go to sleep. :woohoo:

Sometime this week I will see if I can turn this card drawing into something that I have wanted to create for a while, wish me luck B)

Dieser Beitrag enthält Bilddateien.
Bitte anmelden (oder registrieren) um sie zu sehen.

Mehr
08 Apr 2017 11:21 - 08 Apr 2017 11:21 #46221 von CNCMiller
CNCMiller antwortete auf I'm New !!!
Good luck :)

And a little bit of extra advice Check out the (video) tutorials about VCarve at the vectric website.
They are really very helpful to understand the possibilities of the program, I know as a 50+ I could use all the help :)

SC 1/420 + Gantry extension, Kress 1050 FME-P, NeJe 20W Laser, WinPC-NC USB v4.00, Vectric Aspire 9, SolidWorks 2021
Letzte Änderung: 08 Apr 2017 11:21 von CNCMiller.