file Frage Prospective US user here--why did you choose SC2?

Mehr
19 Apr 2015 19:53 #19122 von horseflesh
I am new to CNC... my first and only CNC tool is a die cutting machine, and it is so much fun that I soon found myself on Kickstarter drooling over all the new projects.

Stepcraft 2 looks very appealing, a mature and flexible product from an established maker. While I am definitely interested in add-ons like the 3d printer and laser, routing and carving will be my main uses.

Why did you buy Stepcraft, especially SC2, as compared to the other options on the market? I am especially interested in comparisons to Shapeoko 2/3, X-Carve, Routakit. Thanks in advance for sharing your thoughts!

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
19 Apr 2015 21:13 #19124 von Debugger
I dont know Shapeoko 2/3, X-Carve or Routakit so my opinion might be not of great value for you. But I have choosen SC2 because (compared to GoCNC and Chinese routers) the company has a good reputation, gave me a convincing counsel at the intermodellbau fair and because there's plenty of enhancements like the ones you already mentioned and the rotary table.

The latest improvements to the SC - e. g. a stiffer frame, the official support for kress devices up to the 1050 and the extended vertical travel distance are nice as well.

Martin

Mehr
19 Apr 2015 21:24 #19127 von horseflesh
Martin, those other products are US-centric so I am not surprised you are unfamiliar with them.

Thanks for sharing your views though, we are of like mind.

Where did you read about the rotary table?

Time is running down for the Kickstarter here in the US, and I am trying to make a decision in the next 60-some hours. :) I think the next big thing I need to figure out is if I need 4-axis support or if 3 is good enough.

Mehr
19 Apr 2015 22:57 #19146 von Debugger

horseflesh schrieb: Where did you read about the rotary table?

Hello horseflesh,

see here:

www.stepcraft-systems.com/en/accessories/system-accessories/cnc-accessories/circular-table-with-three-jaw-chuck

Martin