Suche
Lieber Nutzer, die Forumssoftware wurde aktualisiert. Für die Erstanmeldung musst Du bitte dein Passwort zurücksetzen.
Dear user, the forum software has been updated. For the first login please reset your password.
Cable modem questio...

Benachrichtigungen
Alles löschen

Cable modem question / equipment issues

1 Beiträge
1 Benutzer
0 Reactions
69 Ansichten
(@josephgalvan)
Themenstarter

Hi,

If power blinks, my cable modem needs a lot of manual hand-holding to come back up correctly. I'm wondering if it's an equipment problem on my end or something with my ISP.
My modem is an Ambit U10C018, router is a WRT-54GL running Tomato.
First, the router has to be unplugged while the modem boots or it doesn't pull an IP (via DHCP). I know this matches conventional instructions (plug in the modem, then plug in the router), but this is the first cable modem I've ever encountered where it actually matters.
Second, I can't simply power cycle the modem. I have to leave the modem unplugged for a solid two minutes or again it won't pull an IP. To me this seems like an awful long time for just residual data to clear from memory.
Can I fix likely fix this on my side by replacing my equipment - fixed defined as gear just boots and works - or is the lengthy power down a matter of waiting for something on the ISP side to notice the disconnection and reset?

Any help will be apprecited.

I didn't find the right solution from the Internet.

References:
https://arstechnica.com/civis/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1148659
Creative video marketing studio

Thank you.

Veröffentlicht : 08/05/2018 2:34 pm
Teilen: