file Frage STEPCRAFT and Mach3

Mehr
11 Nov 2014 19:35 #10382 von antonio 61
antonio 61 antwortete auf STEPCRAFT and Mach3
Hello guys
Last month I bought the Stepcraft 600, Mach3 and UC100. I built it without problems but I had a lot of difficult configuring it. Luckily StoneyCNC helped me quickly and sent me the installation help documentation. Today, fist time, the Stepcraft is working. Thanks Rory.
Antonio
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: Rory

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
14 Nov 2014 22:26 #10548 von steve.aleka
steve.aleka antwortete auf STEPCRAFT and Mach3
Yep must agree, Rory assisted me with getting my machine running better under Mach3 also. Very fast response and I'm sure we all agree the amount of support he provides to the community is greatly appreciated.

Thanks again.

Mehr
26 Dez 2014 14:22 #12553 von AVacaru
AVacaru antwortete auf STEPCRAFT and Mach3
Hallo there,

I Intend to buy a stepcraft420 and I have something that is not clear for me because I intend to use it with mach3. This is what I understood so far:

if I want to control it via usb from Mach3 the usb version of the machine will not work.

I need to buy the parallel port version and additionally the uc100 usb converter.

Is that correct ?

• MagIO2
  • MagIO2s Avatar
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Zu viele Ideen und zu wenig Zeit
Mehr
26 Dez 2014 14:53 #12555 von MagIO2
MagIO2 antwortete auf STEPCRAFT and Mach3
Yes, correct. The USB board offered by stepcraft is actually like a dongle for the WinPC NC software.

As far as I know there are other USB solutions for Mach3 available, but yes, uc100 is an option.

SC 420 mit DIY parallel + Proxxon mit Mod + HF500 + SprintLayout + LibreCAD/QCAD + FreeCAD +WinPC starter/USB->EstlCAM + EstlCAM LPTAdapter + EstlCAM Handrad + DIY Vakuumtisch

Gruß, Andreas

Mehr
26 Dez 2014 18:20 #12567 von WonStep
WonStep antwortete auf STEPCRAFT and Mach3
Yes, you are correct in your planning. The UC-100 device is easy to setup and thorough in the instructions for loading and installing. More importantly, it works!

Good luck.

Mehr
30 Dez 2014 11:04 #12753 von answers
answers antwortete auf STEPCRAFT and Mach3
Great support from Rory . Even though i am not their client he answered e-mail in 20min and helped me configure my stepcraft-600 .

Mehr
15 Jan 2015 21:30 - 15 Jan 2015 21:33 #13788 von frankjoke
frankjoke antwortete auf STEPCRAFT and Mach3
I can confirm the great support from Rory!

I bought the UC100 from him but read some of the forum info too late because I could have been buying also the parallel port together with it (I ordered it from Stepcraft).

Anyhow, he gave me the STepcraft.xml for Mach3 as well, it was for a 420 but I could change it to meet my 600 limits.

I had some problems with the HF spindle until I found a description in the German forum.

Anyhow, StoneyCNC was great, I received my goods on the day after Rory sent the mail that he was sending them, and I am in Austria.

p.s.: My first parts on Mach3 for the grandchild:

Frank
Steppcraft 600/2 + HF500 + SwitchBox + Laser + Schleppmesser
Absaugung und Vakuumtisch
an Mach3 oder UCCNC mit Taster für Z-Null und Werkzeuglänge

Dieser Beitrag enthält einen Bildanhang.
Bitte anmelden (oder registrieren) um ihn zu sehen.

Letzte Änderung: 15 Jan 2015 21:33 von frankjoke.
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: Rory, bvps, tmk, woodendonkey, hoedur, hale2160

Mehr
02 Mär 2015 22:05 #16769 von tikka
tikka antwortete auf STEPCRAFT and Mach3
Some more experience about using Mach3 with parallel port equpipped Stepcraft. I got an old used PC with a clean 32 bit XP installation for running the machine as mentioned in post 9659: https://www.stepcraft-systems.com/en/forum/software2/744-stepcraft-and-mach3#9659 . Since Windows XP is no longer supported and many people replaced their computers together with the new software, used computers can be found pretty cheap. A PC should be easy to configure and use, but a laptop could prove to be a bit more tricky to set up.

I bought an old Dell D600 laptop with a clean 32 bit XP install for my next CNC project. D600 has a parallel port, but initially it failed the driver test. Did some researching and found good advice here: http://www.sonsivri.to/forum/index.php?topic=54116.0 and here: https://www.probotix.com/downloads/XP_Optimization.txt . Replacing the ACPI with Standard PC driver worked for me. Basically I did as one user said:
Suggest using the 'Standard PC' driver, no other installed programs, no start up programs, no internet connection, no av, fresh xp install, no auto updates, no firewall, use maximum ram (which in the older laptops is still not very much). Use ac power adaptor and no wireless mice or keyboards. I don't even bother with updates as these are mainly IE security related.
Further testing proved successful. Some things are different with the standard PC driver, for example I don`t see any laptop battery monitor. My CNC lathe project is currently on hold but maybe someone decides to take the same route with the Stepcraft and investigate further.

Stepcraft 600SF (version 1) parallel port
Proxxon IBS/E
Mach3
devCad Cam Pro; devWing Cam; devFus Cam; Profili Pro 2

Mehr
13 Aug 2015 16:32 #24269 von RED
RED antwortete auf STEPCRAFT and Mach3
I bought a stepcraft 600 and had trouble with winpc-nc. I decided to hook up the machine to my LPT port and run it with mach3.
This wasn't as easy as it seemed but with the help of Rory (Stoneycnc) I got it running in a couple of hours which should've been minutes if I had kept my eyes open.

Thank you Rory and keep up the remarkable service and help us noobs milling! :woohoo:

Mehr
29 Okt 2015 12:29 #26373 von Manson
Manson antwortete auf STEPCRAFT and Mach3
Hello, I am using SC420 version 2. I have configured all the 3 axes and homing switches working properly. But I cannot get the spindle working. It doesn't even spin. This is so frustrating. Can someone give me some advices? I am using stepcraft HF500 spindle. Did I even set the I/O pins wrong? Which pin is it to toggle on/off? Which pin is the PWM signal? Any help is appreciated.

Mehr
30 Okt 2015 00:36 #26380 von frankjoke
I thin k on Motor pin is 17 and on output (PWM) pin is 1 (one).

Frank

Mehr
30 Okt 2015 07:41 #26382 von LReyn
LReyn antwortete auf STEPCRAFT and Mach3
Check the manual of the hf spindel.
It is written inside it.
Chapter 6.2.
On/Off is pin 13
PWM = 7

Mehr
29 Nov 2015 18:12 #27637 von pverlhac
pverlhac antwortete auf STEPCRAFT and Mach3
Hello I am a newbie S2 840 user hunting for info in order to 3d print ; right now my outputs look like this; do you confirm I need to pull out the current USB output and replace it with the UC100 in order for the S2 to talk to Mach3?

Dieser Beitrag enthält einen Bildanhang.
Bitte anmelden (oder registrieren) um ihn zu sehen.

Mehr
29 Nov 2015 20:46 - 29 Nov 2015 20:47 #27642 von MikeRD03
MikeRD03 antwortete auf STEPCRAFT and Mach3
For Mach3 with UC100 you need to REPLACE the USB module (WinPC-CNC only) with the Parallel Interface. Then then UC100 module connects to the Parallel port on one end and with USB to the other end (PC). Together with the UC100 plugin MACH3 is now able to talk with the machiene. But UC100 is no must have. My SC420/2 works very fine with the parallel port directly. U just need a PC with parallel interface.

SC M.500 | 2,2kW Spindel G-Penny | Mach4 über Ethernet Smoothstepper
Letzte Änderung: 29 Nov 2015 20:47 von MikeRD03.
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: pverlhac

Mehr
29 Nov 2015 21:42 #27646 von pverlhac
pverlhac antwortete auf STEPCRAFT and Mach3
thank you for this clarification :)
I presume Win PC-NC still works through the UC100? However maybe you do not use it anymore once you have Mach3?

Mehr
29 Nov 2015 22:37 - 29 Nov 2015 22:38 #27647 von frankjoke

pverlhac schrieb: thank you for this clarification :)
I presume Win PC-NC still works through the UC100? However maybe you do not use it anymore once you have Mach3?

It's either - or! They use different HW which is not compatible with each other.

Frank
Letzte Änderung: 29 Nov 2015 22:38 von frankjoke.

Mehr
30 Nov 2015 10:37 - 30 Nov 2015 10:37 #27658 von MikeRD03
MikeRD03 antwortete auf STEPCRAFT and Mach3

pverlhac schrieb: I presume Win PC-NC still works through the UC100? However maybe you do not use it anymore once you have Mach3?

AFAIK WinPC-CNC Starter only works with its special made USB Interface. It can be regarded as some type of dongle. ;)

SC M.500 | 2,2kW Spindel G-Penny | Mach4 über Ethernet Smoothstepper
Letzte Änderung: 30 Nov 2015 10:37 von MikeRD03.

Mehr
19 Mai 2016 15:45 #34259 von jujule
jujule antwortete auf STEPCRAFT and Mach3
Hi to all,

I wanted to use my Stepcraft600 v2 with Mach3 and found this thread. I contacted Rory for help through the StoneyCNC contact form on their website and even though I hadn't bought anything from them, Rory shared the Mach 3 Stepcraft profile immediatly and for free. The machine even runs smoother than before.

That said, I had my personnal stupid reasons to use Mach3, but I believe that the VCarve/UCCNC/UC100 combination they advice on their website is much better.

A big thank you to Rory for the reponsiveness and efficiency !

Mehr
30 Dez 2016 19:42 #41548 von patrascanu
patrascanu antwortete auf STEPCRAFT and Mach3
Big thanks for Rory! He sent me the Stepcraft Profile for Mach 3 and it works!

Kind Regards!

Mehr
18 Mär 2017 17:05 #45649 von nd595
nd595 antwortete auf STEPCRAFT and Mach3
Million Thanks to Rory - he so kindly helped by providing a Mach3 configuration file, and I did not even buy my stepcraft from him (but I do not live in the UK...).
That will save me masses of time getting through all the settings in Mach3.
I can only say that when I need any supply for my Stepcraft, being it milling bits or parts - I will buy it from StoneyCNC.
I also have to mention that response to my emails was immediate, so with that company everything is top - you will appreciate it when you call for help.
Thumbs up!