• CNC_Neuling
  • CNC_Neulings Avatar Autor
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Forum Nutzer
Mehr
23 Apr 2020 14:03 #58880 von CNC_Neuling
Tool lift speed with WINPC-NC wurde erstellt von CNC_Neuling
Dear all,

I'm using my Stepcraft 2-300 using the basic WINPC-NC it came with. For plunge movements, the tool is lowered at rapid speed, as it should. However, for upwards movements, the tool is always moved to the tool lift height at an incredibly low speed all the way (I think it must be 1 mm/s). So whenever I choose somewhat larger tool lift heights, let's say 10 mm, this unnecessarily slow movement adds up to quite a prolonged duration of the total run.

Is there any way to change this tool lift speed? I'm using hpgl files, so no file-specific speed settings possible. I just cannot imagine that there is no way to change this default speed, it should be an obvious thing to be possible.

I already tried changing the rapid speed setting for the z-axis, but this does not affect the tool lift speed.

Any advice is welcome!

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
31 Jan 2021 00:52 #60466 von Sixty9
Sixty9 antwortete auf Tool lift speed with WINPC-NC
Hi,
Since your question was posted 9 months ago you have probably solved this by now but in case anyone else encounters the same issue ...

I recently upgraded from WinPC-NC v2 to V3 and ran into the same issue. I didn't have this problem in V2.

I managed to fix it by changing the tool parameters: Parameters > Tools... > Speeds

The default for all the settings was the same (1.00) but in reality the plunge speed was fast while the withdrawal (lift) speed was slow. Changing and saving these numbers appears to correct that.

I realised I can tweak these settings together with the depth (on the Dimensions tab) to suit my milling motor, tool and material.

Mehr
31 Jan 2021 18:05 #60472 von Sixty9
Sixty9 antwortete auf Tool lift speed with WINPC-NC
I wrote an answer to this yesterday but it disappeared when I clicked submit. Perhaps being vetted by a moderator? If it appears later, I apologise for double posting.

I did not have a problem in V2.4 but after I upgraded to V3 I started seeing the same issue as you described.

What works for me was to change the withdrawal rate in the tool speeds ( Parameters > Tools > Speeds ). 'V-Withdrawal' was 1.00, I changed it it to 10.00.

I haven't figured out why the plunge speed ('V-Plunge' was also 1.00 originally) was not slow. Anyone know the answer?