Suche
Lieber Nutzer, die Forumssoftware wurde aktualisiert. Für die Erstanmeldung musst Du bitte dein Passwort zurücksetzen.
Dear user, the forum software has been updated. For the first login please reset your password.
Allowing for Stepov...

Benachrichtigungen
Alles löschen

Allowing for Stepover

3 Beiträge
2 Benutzer
0 Likes
3,780 Ansichten
(@sfdeejay)
Estimable Member
Themenstarter

Is it NOT possible to cut a 1/4" slot with a 1/4" ball end mill end (because of stepover allowance)? The attached error (from VCarve Pro) will not allow the next step of creating toolpaths, but this does not happen when I choose a 1/8" mill end. I would like to be able to remove more material at a time (no prob for the StepCraft 500w spindle), instead of multiple passes with the smaller end mill. I can accept an answer of "have more patience", but I won't be happy. Thanks all.

Veröffentlicht : 15/04/2017 7:36 pm
(@ger21)

Draw a vector down the center of your slot and use a profile cut, ON the vector.

If you want to use a pocket toolpath, make the slot slightly larger, like 0.255".

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Veröffentlicht : 16/04/2017 4:41 am
(@sfdeejay)
Estimable Member
Themenstarter

Gerry, your second suggestion is exactly as I had suspected. Apparently, even using a 1/8 diameter bit won't work without the extra "slop", because the software won't allow a zero Stepover. Because my entire toolpath followed the outside of the drawing, I hadn't thought of your first suggestion - right on the line. I am going to try this with a 1/4" ballnose. Thank you very much.

Veröffentlicht : 16/04/2017 6:58 pm
Teilen: