file Frage UCCNC & no jog...

Mehr
16 Jan 2016 12:45 #29296 von sjorzzzie
UCCNC & no jog... wurde erstellt von sjorzzzie
I have my stepcraft over 1,5 month now and luck is not on my side...
First i installed WinPC and found out that in combination with Cut2d it only imports one layer.

So i bought UCCNC and installed it. Followed instructions and came across two problems:
- Demo mode is sometimes enabled and sometimes not (strange...)
- It doesn't jog... (i know it is working good with winpc). I hear (very very very soft) the machine doing something but i dont see movement

Who can help me? Could it be the 5m usb cable i use instead of the supplied cable?

Kind regards,
Sjors

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
16 Jan 2016 14:10 - 16 Jan 2016 14:11 #29299 von jvalencia
jvalencia antwortete auf UCCNC & no jog...
It's actually joging but at 10% speed. In the Jog controls, increase it to 100%.

Demo mode is activated when you start the software before the system detects the uc100 hardware. Just give it some time after you plug the USB to let the PC recognize it.

Stepcraft 2 840
Kress 800 FME
UCCNC + UC100
V-Carve + QCad
Letzte Änderung: 16 Jan 2016 14:11 von jvalencia.

Mehr
16 Jan 2016 14:25 - 16 Jan 2016 14:43 #29301 von sjorzzzie
sjorzzzie antwortete auf UCCNC & no jog...
Thanks for your quick response. I set the jog speeds 100% (see attachement) but still no movement. Only a high pitch noise.

When i click on "Home all" doesnt do anything.

Dieser Beitrag enthält einen Bildanhang.
Bitte anmelden (oder registrieren) um ihn zu sehen.

Letzte Änderung: 16 Jan 2016 14:43 von sjorzzzie.

Mehr
16 Jan 2016 14:44 #29302 von sjorzzzie
These are my settings

Dieser Beitrag enthält Bilddateien.
Bitte anmelden (oder registrieren) um sie zu sehen.

Mehr
16 Jan 2016 16:22 - 16 Jan 2016 16:22 #29306 von mikath
mikath antwortete auf UCCNC & no jog...

sjorzzzie schrieb: Thanks for your quick response. I set the jog speeds 100% (see attachement) but still no movement. Only a high pitch noise.

When i click on "Home all" doesnt do anything.

You have the "Default" profile, that´s why you can´t jog.
Install the Stepcraft profile for your machine and the machine jog.

/Mika

Stepcraft M.1000 + HIWIN Ball Screw + Semi-Closed Loop System + MM-1000 DI + Automatic Tool Changer + 2 Rows Tool Magazine Pneumatic Lifting + Engraving Laser DL445 + 4th Axis + Aluminum T-slot table + 3D Touch Probe + UCR201 + UCCNC + VCarve Pro + Cut3D + CorelDraw 2018 + Autodesk Inventor
Letzte Änderung: 16 Jan 2016 16:22 von mikath.

Mehr
16 Jan 2016 16:32 - 16 Jan 2016 16:33 #29308 von sjorzzzie
Strange... I thought I did. Even selected it in the configuration > profiles

Thanks, I will try it Monday
Letzte Änderung: 16 Jan 2016 16:33 von sjorzzzie.

Mehr
16 Jan 2016 19:34 #29314 von mikath

sjorzzzie schrieb: Strange... I thought I did. Even selected it in the configuration > profiles

Thanks, I will try it Monday

When you installed the profile for your machine you got a shortcut on the desktop called "Stepcraft .....".
If you using the shortcut called UCCNC you will load the default profile.

/Mika

Stepcraft M.1000 + HIWIN Ball Screw + Semi-Closed Loop System + MM-1000 DI + Automatic Tool Changer + 2 Rows Tool Magazine Pneumatic Lifting + Engraving Laser DL445 + 4th Axis + Aluminum T-slot table + 3D Touch Probe + UCR201 + UCCNC + VCarve Pro + Cut3D + CorelDraw 2018 + Autodesk Inventor

Mehr
16 Jan 2016 19:48 #29315 von sjorzzzie
Strange, I didn't. Is there a way to work around. Is that the same as loading a profile?

Mehr
16 Jan 2016 19:55 #29316 von mikath

sjorzzzie schrieb: Strange, I didn't. Is there a way to work around. Is that the same as loading a profile?

If you look on the bottom-middle of your picture you see that Default profile is loaded.
When you launch UCCNC with the shortcut called "Stepcraft...." you will see your machine name as the profile.

/Mika

Mehr
16 Jan 2016 19:59 - 16 Jan 2016 20:00 #29317 von mikath
You can also go to "Configuration - Profiles" and highlight the profile and click on "Load profile", and than UCCNC will restart with your correct profile.

/Mika

Letzte Änderung: 16 Jan 2016 20:00 von mikath.

Mehr
16 Jan 2016 20:02 #29318 von sjorzzzie
Thank you so much. I will try Monday and let you know

Mehr
16 Jan 2016 20:06 #29319 von mikath
No problem!
Have a nice weekend.

/Mika

Mehr
20 Jan 2016 20:25 #29487 von mikath

sjorzzzie schrieb: Thank you so much. I will try Monday and let you know

How did it go my friend???

/Mika

Mehr
21 Jan 2016 18:20 #29516 von sjorzzzie
Succes! Thank you sooo much. Only im not so happy with the result. I draw a 100mm round but 10% is off, it looks like it is shifter after the first round. Which export file do you use? Now i use Mach2/3 ATC Arcs mm (see attachement):

Mehr
21 Jan 2016 20:27 #29523 von mikath
Najs!
Happy to help you!

I'm using the same post processor.

Dieses Bild ist für Gäste verborgen.
Bitte anmelden oder registrieren um das Bild zu sehen.

Strange that the two circles not center each other.
Did you have a tool change between the circles and miss zero X and Y... :dry:

/Mika

Mehr
21 Jan 2016 20:36 #29524 von sjorzzzie
Nope, maybe the board was not straight of shifted a bit. Next week I will try different boards and shapes. Maybe it will solve on its own.

Dieser Beitrag enthält einen Bildanhang.
Bitte anmelden (oder registrieren) um ihn zu sehen.

Mehr
22 Jan 2016 07:00 #29529 von mikath
It looks like it has moved during the job...

/Mika

Mehr
25 Jan 2016 22:39 #29680 von Kivinen
Kivinen antwortete auf UCCNC & no jog...
What is your tool parameters. It might be that you have very large value for the stepover, or perhaps the feed rate is too fast, or pass depth too deep. All those parameters do require some tuning, and you need to change those depending on the material and bit you are using.

Too fast feed rate or too big pass depth will cause the machine to loose step or get stuck, but on the other hand too slow feed rate will make it so that bit does not cut properly anymore.

Too small stepover will make it slow, and too big makes the bottom uneven. Also if your bit is too much out from the collet that will cause vibrations, which will also make the bottom uneven.

I have been using following parameters for soft wood (pine) for my 2-flute 3mm fish tail downcut end mill: Diameter 3mm, Pass Depth 3mm, Stepover 1.2mm (40%), Spindle speed 18000 rpm, Feed rate 40 mm/s, Plunge Rate 20 mm/s.

Stepcraft 2 840 Kickstarter make anything package
HF500, 3D print, Drag Knife, etc
UCCNC + UC100, V-Carve

Mehr
25 Jan 2016 22:44 #29681 von Kivinen
Kivinen antwortete auf UCCNC & no jog...
Ah, and looking at the edge of the piece, it looks you have upcut end mill. Downcut endmills will push the chips in to the material, which will make the top edge of the cut cleaner. Also I do not see any tabs to hold the piece in place when you finally cut it out, and this might have caused it to move after it got loose, and then bit might have cut the extra bit I can see there.

Stepcraft 2 840 Kickstarter make anything package
HF500, 3D print, Drag Knife, etc
UCCNC + UC100, V-Carve

Mehr
26 Jan 2016 18:20 - 26 Jan 2016 19:15 #29708 von sjorzzzie
So i found the settings and set it just like you said (still very fast in my opinion). But i found a new problem (or the same was before), it doesn't do straight corners. I had started the job twice that is way there are two lines... But as you can see the corners are off, and also not the same.

Letzte Änderung: 26 Jan 2016 19:15 von sjorzzzie.