Suche
Lieber Nutzer, die Forumssoftware wurde aktualisiert. Für die Erstanmeldung musst Du bitte dein Passwort zurücksetzen.
Dear user, the forum software has been updated. For the first login please reset your password.
UCCNC Software Bugs

Benachrichtigungen
Alles löschen

UCCNC Software Bugs

6 Beiträge
3 Benutzer
0 Likes
6,326 Ansichten
(@finch)
Trusted Member
Themenstarter

Hello guys,

I've been experimenting with the new UCCNC software, and have noticed a few issues.

1. The stepcraft840(2) default setup is with the z axis at zero when tool is up, and when it moves down towards the material, it goes negative - which is fine, BUT the UCCNC Tool Length Sensor button, always sends the Z axis in the Positive direction if you press the button ( Ie - it never touches the sensor ) Is there a way to configure the tool length sensor to move negative instead of positive? and also a way to program in the sensor height ?

Veröffentlicht : 28/09/2015 7:24 pm
(@rory)
Reputable Member

Make sure your "probe pin" is set to the pin you have connected the probe to. Should be pin 10. Go to the diagnostic screen and check that pin 10 is changing state as you press the probe pin. This ensures the signal is getting to the correct pin and you then assign the probe setting to this pin (pin 10 port 1).

Then you need to make sure you understand what the macro is doing.

Then copy the atached file to C:UCCNCProfilesMacro_YOUR_PROFILE

file needs to be just M31.txt so remove the date from the file (forum adds these)

And the probe should work like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbQ0cYr6igI

Veröffentlicht : 29/09/2015 1:23 pm
Javier Valencia Rodriguez
(@jvalencia)
Estimable Member

Make sure your "probe pin" is set to the pin you have connected the probe to. Should be pin 10. Go to the diagnostic screen and check that pin 10 is changing state as you press the probe pin. This ensures the signal is getting to the correct pin and you then assign the probe setting to this pin (pin 10 port 1).

file needs to be just M31.txt so remove the date from the file (forum adds these)

Hi Rory, I've seen the macro and saw 2 things:

- newZ = 33
        This should be changed to whatever height your probe device is, isn't it? I 
        suppose 33 is your probe button device I see in the video. I would change that
        variable name to ProbeHeight for example.

- while(exec.IsMoving()){}
        Wouldn't it be better to add another line like this to the macro start, so if 
        the machine is moving and you hit the probe button by error, it won't stop 
        until finished?

I modified it a bit and attached it here, but it's not tested since I don't own a probe right now (I'll have to make one myself). If you test it let us know 🙂

Stepcraft 2 840
Kress 800 FME
UCCNC + UC100
V-Carve + QCad

Veröffentlicht : 30/09/2015 3:09 pm
(@finch)
Trusted Member
Themenstarter

Thanks guys - that worked a treat

Veröffentlicht : 30/09/2015 6:24 pm
(@rory)
Reputable Member

Hi Rory, I've seen the macro and saw 2 things:

- newZ = 33
        This should be changed to whatever height your probe device is, isn't it? I 
        suppose 33 is your probe button device I see in the video. I would change that
        variable name to ProbeHeight for example.

- while(exec.IsMoving()){}
        Wouldn't it be better to add another line like this to the macro start, so if 
        the machine is moving and you hit the probe button by error, it won't stop 
        until finished?

I modified it a bit and attached it here, but it's not tested since I don't own a probe right now (I'll have to make one myself). If you test it let us know 🙂

yes for sure 🙂 there are many ways of doing it - will test that one you have modified when time allows. thanks for the input.

Veröffentlicht : 01/10/2015 1:46 pm
Javier Valencia Rodriguez
(@jvalencia)
Estimable Member

yes for sure 🙂 there are many ways of doing it - will test that one you have modified when time allows. thanks for the input.

Hi, I've written a post with my new tool probe and a tested macro:

https://www.stepcraft-systems.com/en/servie-and-support/stepcraft-forum-uk/accessories/2309-diy-tool-length-probe

Stepcraft 2 840
Kress 800 FME
UCCNC + UC100
V-Carve + QCad

Veröffentlicht : 01/10/2015 3:47 pm
Teilen: