Suche
Lieber Nutzer, die Forumssoftware wurde aktualisiert. Für die Erstanmeldung musst Du bitte dein Passwort zurücksetzen.
Dear user, the forum software has been updated. For the first login please reset your password.
Using Ai to Vector ...

Benachrichtigungen
Alles löschen

Using Ai to Vector clip arts

4 Beiträge
3 Benutzer
0 Likes
4,313 Ansichten
Brian Wilson
(@tugwilson)
Eminent Member
Themenstarter

Hi everyone, I'm hoping that someone can tell me why, when I use Adobe Illustrator to vector clip arts so I can use it in the Cut2D program for a design, it always seems to duplicate the image and I have to go through the whole clip art and delete one copy of the vectored image, otherwise when committed to the machine it goes through the image twice, one deeper then the first.
I'm sure it's a setting I have missed or something I'm doing/not doing, but some help would be very useful if only to my sanity
respectfully Tug

Veröffentlicht : 09/12/2014 10:48 am
(@rory)
Reputable Member

Tug - can you post an example of your DXF files that you export from Illustrator?

You can "right click" in CUT2D and "select all duplicate vectors" then hit delete. You should be left with a single vector for your outline.

it may also be related to the way you are tracing your images also. Its tricky.

Veröffentlicht : 09/12/2014 1:55 pm
MACHINE CRAFTED
(@mr-b)
Estimable Member

Tug,

Set the fill colour to "None" and that will fix it.

Stepcraft 420 (version 1) - HXKJ-GS52-400W Air cooled DC spindle - 445nm Blue Laser diode G2

Veröffentlicht : 11/12/2014 12:32 pm
MACHINE CRAFTED
(@mr-b)
Estimable Member

Tug,

Tracing in Illustrator and expanding the image so that it is fully editable

1. Find an image to trace in this example i'm usingStoney CNC's logo

2. Click on image you wish to trace and then click on "Trace Image" button

3. While the image is highlighted / selected click on the "Expand" button

4. Right click on the image and select "Ungroup"

5. This images shows the un-grouped traced image highlighting all the points and paths

6. Right click on the image and select "Release compound paths"

7. This image shows the released compound paths

Stepcraft 420 (version 1) - HXKJ-GS52-400W Air cooled DC spindle - 445nm Blue Laser diode G2

Veröffentlicht : 11/12/2014 2:47 pm
Teilen: