Suche
Lieber Nutzer, die Forumssoftware wurde aktualisiert. Für die Erstanmeldung musst Du bitte dein Passwort zurücksetzen.
Dear user, the forum software has been updated. For the first login please reset your password.
STEPCRAFT and Mach3

Benachrichtigungen
Alles löschen

STEPCRAFT and Mach3

62 Beiträge
37 Benutzer
0 Likes
42.9 K Ansichten
(@manson)

Hello, I am using SC420 version 2. I have configured all the 3 axes and homing switches working properly. But I cannot get the spindle working. It doesn't even spin. This is so frustrating. Can someone give me some advices? I am using stepcraft HF500 spindle. Did I even set the I/O pins wrong? Which pin is it to toggle on/off? Which pin is the PWM signal? Any help is appreciated.

Veröffentlicht : 29/10/2015 2:29 pm
(@frankjoke)
Reputable Member

I thin k on Motor pin is 17 and on output (PWM) pin is 1 (one).

Frank
Steppcraft 600/2 + HF500 + SwitchBox + Laser + Schleppmesser
Absaugung und Vakuumtisch
an Mach3 oder UCCNC mit Taster für Z-Null und Werkzeuglänge

Veröffentlicht : 30/10/2015 2:36 am
Leon Reynders
(@lreyn)

Check the manual of the hf spindel.
It is written inside it.
Chapter 6.2.
On/Off is pin 13
PWM = 7

Veröffentlicht : 30/10/2015 9:41 am
(@pverlhac)

Hello I am a newbie S2 840 user hunting for info in order to 3d print ; right now my outputs look like this; do you confirm I need to pull out the current USB output and replace it with the UC100 in order for the S2 to talk to Mach3?

Veröffentlicht : 29/11/2015 8:12 pm
Michael Lux
(@mikerd03)
Reputable Member

For Mach3 with UC100 you need to REPLACE the USB module (WinPC-CNC only) with the Parallel Interface. Then then UC100 module connects to the Parallel port on one end and with USB to the other end (PC). Together with the UC100 plugin MACH3 is now able to talk with the machiene. But UC100 is no must have. My SC420/2 works very fine with the parallel port directly. U just need a PC with parallel interface.

SC M.500 | 2,2kW Spindel G-Penny | Mach4 über Ethernet Smoothstepper

Veröffentlicht : 29/11/2015 10:46 pm
(@pverlhac)

thank you for this clarification 🙂
I presume Win PC-NC still works through the UC100? However maybe you do not use it anymore once you have Mach3?

Veröffentlicht : 29/11/2015 11:42 pm
(@frankjoke)
Reputable Member

thank you for this clarification 🙂
I presume Win PC-NC still works through the UC100? However maybe you do not use it anymore once you have Mach3?

It's either - or! They use different HW which is not compatible with each other.

Frank
Steppcraft 600/2 + HF500 + SwitchBox + Laser + Schleppmesser
Absaugung und Vakuumtisch
an Mach3 oder UCCNC mit Taster für Z-Null und Werkzeuglänge

Veröffentlicht : 30/11/2015 12:37 am
Michael Lux
(@mikerd03)
Reputable Member

AFAIK WinPC-CNC Starter only works with its special made USB Interface. It can be regarded as some type of dongle. 😉

SC M.500 | 2,2kW Spindel G-Penny | Mach4 über Ethernet Smoothstepper

Veröffentlicht : 30/11/2015 12:37 pm
(@jujule)

Hi to all,

I wanted to use my Stepcraft600 v2 with Mach3 and found this thread. I contacted Rory for help through the StoneyCNC contact form on their website and even though I hadn't bought anything from them, Rory shared the Mach 3 Stepcraft profile immediatly and for free. The machine even runs smoother than before.

That said, I had my personnal stupid reasons to use Mach3, but I believe that the VCarve/UCCNC/UC100 combination they advice on their website is much better.

A big thank you to Rory for the reponsiveness and efficiency !

Veröffentlicht : 19/05/2016 5:45 pm
(@jae-young-cho)

It is so cute.

Veröffentlicht : 01/07/2016 5:04 pm
(@patrascanu)

Big thanks for Rory! He sent me the Stepcraft Profile for Mach 3 and it works!

Kind Regards!

Veröffentlicht : 30/12/2016 9:42 pm
(@nd595)

Million Thanks to Rory - he so kindly helped by providing a Mach3 configuration file, and I did not even buy my stepcraft from him (but I do not live in the UK...).
That will save me masses of time getting through all the settings in Mach3.
I can only say that when I need any supply for my Stepcraft, being it milling bits or parts - I will buy it from StoneyCNC.
I also have to mention that response to my emails was immediate, so with that company everything is top - you will appreciate it when you call for help.
Thumbs up!

Veröffentlicht : 18/03/2017 7:05 pm
 El
(@africano)

Hello there,
just a quick personal presentation, I am a new CNC enthusiast from Spain, just purchased a SC420 and fighting my way to make do what I intend, for market strategy reasons my Machine was bought in Spain, but all the help I had was thanks to this forum. A special thanks to Stoney CNC in particular to RORY ( the Magician), those guys are willing to help no matter what and they are brilliant in doing it. a very recomended company to anyone who's in the CNCing world.

Thanks a lot Rory, you are a Star.

Veröffentlicht : 07/04/2017 11:36 am
(@herriman)
Eminent Member

I am running my S600, my old laptop with Windows 7 , MACH3 and the USB UC100. My laptop is quite old and if I were to buy a new one I would automatically get WIndows10. Is there a way to use Windows 10 with this configuration or what would be an alternative if I had to buy a new computer?
Thanks

Veröffentlicht : 12/05/2017 5:00 pm
(@cncmiller)
Reputable Member

Herriman,

Windows 10 should not be given you any problem by running older software.
In the worst case you can load your program by using it in the compatibility mode (right click on the program quick-link, tab compatibility).

SC 1/420 + Gantry extension, Kress 1050 FME-P, NeJe 20W Laser, WinPC-NC USB v4.00, Vectric Aspire 9, SolidWorks 2021

Veröffentlicht : 16/05/2017 2:46 pm
Seite 3 / 5
Teilen: