Suche
Lieber Nutzer, die Forumssoftware wurde aktualisiert. Für die Erstanmeldung musst Du bitte dein Passwort zurücksetzen.
Dear user, the forum software has been updated. For the first login please reset your password.
Stepcraft profile f...

Benachrichtigungen
Alles löschen

Stepcraft profile for UCCNC

19 Beiträge
4 Benutzer
0 Likes
8,494 Ansichten
(@peterg1000)
Reputable Member

Hi,

Am I right in saying that you are now fully functional?? Do hope so, these software niggles are a pain in the derriere!!

Incidentally I have the UCCNC logo which is defined in the .ssf file.

Sounds as though the screen routines are set to look for the wrong file name (i.e defaultscreenset.ssf not Stepcraftscreenset.ssf). I'll bet its an omission in a text file somewhere - perhaps I'll have a look around and see if I can locate it.

Regards,

Peter.

SC 420/2, Industrial VFD spindle from StoneyCNC
UC100 + UCCNC
Cut2D, Autosketch10, Draftsight, Eagle 9.5.1

There is no problem, however simple, that cannot be made more complicated by thinking about it.

Veröffentlicht : 07/09/2016 7:35 pm
(@peterg1000)
Reputable Member

Found it!!!!

Right at the beginning of the profile file is the following:-

"[Screensetsettings]
mainscreenfilename=Defaultscreenset <<<<<<<<<<<< THE CULPRIT!!!!!!
splashscreen=0
[axessettingscontrolX]
Axisenabled=True
Stepportnumber=1
Steppinnumber=2
Steppinnegate=False
Dirpinnumber=3"

etc. etc

Peter.

SC 420/2, Industrial VFD spindle from StoneyCNC
UC100 + UCCNC
Cut2D, Autosketch10, Draftsight, Eagle 9.5.1

There is no problem, however simple, that cannot be made more complicated by thinking about it.

Veröffentlicht : 07/09/2016 7:43 pm
Hartmut
(@docbrown)
Honorable Member

Ahhh, Peter, thanks for that!

I had that problem also long time ago when changed from the original Stepcraft version to the version from CNCDRIVE.
I accepted the CNCDRIVE logo from that time on 🙂

Anyway some time ago I started modifying the screen, removed the logo and placed one of the checkboxes from one of the configuration pages there. It took a while to understand how it works and I'm sure meanwhile I have forgotten how to :dry:
But any re-configuration is possible if you like to have a personel screen 🙂

Viele Grüße

Hartmut
V2/420 China 800W wassergekühlt
UCCNC & ARDUINO ESTLCAM Controller
ESTLCAM & QCAD
-----------------------------------
DK5LH/G11

Veröffentlicht : 07/09/2016 7:54 pm
(@jordan)

Thanks,
Yes, it is up and running now. It runs from the default profile now where I made all the necessary settings.
The only files I've copied are some macro to find tool height and the 3 defined positioning button.
But, it runs fine and I can also confirm that it runs much more smooth. Less CPU load and so far no issues at all. (with the previous one I had to restart sometime because the response time was big).
While I copied all settings, I also found an option to stop at tool change. Before I've tried to dig into the gcode and find out how to make the machine stop at tool change and did not understand why it does not work. Because UCCNC ignored them by settings.
So, there is benefit too in the reconfiguration 🙂
Regards,
JG

Veröffentlicht : 08/09/2016 10:37 am
Seite 2 / 2
Teilen: