Suche
Lieber Nutzer, die Forumssoftware wurde aktualisiert. Für die Erstanmeldung musst Du bitte dein Passwort zurücksetzen.
Dear user, the forum software has been updated. For the first login please reset your password.
Using Linux Softwar...

Benachrichtigungen
Alles löschen

Using Linux Software Toolchain

34 Beiträge
6 Benutzer
0 Likes
17.5 K Ansichten
Giulio Buccini
(@julius)
Reputable Member

Hello,

actually, after that I wrote the post above I've googled for a while and I've discovered a lot of guys having no problems even using on-board graphic card.

I've two old desktop PCs from my old office, I want to use one of them as dedicated "controller" of the Stepcraft. So it will be used just for machining, no internet browsing, no videos, no skype, nothing.

processor AMD Sempron 1Ghz
ASUS motherboard (I don't remember the model)
ram 1 Giga
HD 80 Giga
1 parallel port
Embedded videocard 1024x768

Seems that it should work to run LinuxCNC.

Uh! I've found the list of tested hardware!

SC300 + Spindle HF500 + Portalerhöhung + LinuxCNC + gsimple

Veröffentlicht : 23/11/2014 1:17 am
 Marc
(@aldronaigh)
Eminent Member

Hi julius,

yay! Sounds like a good setup. :cheer:
If it works, please submit your data to the homepage. It's not a must, but it helps ppl to get the right hardware.

Onboard graphics these days seem to are less of a problem than years ago. Maybe it has to do with methods used for memory sharing which are different these days.

Just ensure you turn off everything you wont need. E.g. onboard audio, ethernet, USB ports, internal drives etc.

Panta rhei...nur wohin?

Veröffentlicht : 24/11/2014 6:54 pm
(@jubin)
Themenstarter

Hello,

Note: Drop a message in the thread if you are interested!!!!

Finally i got my stepcraft after a quite long delivery time (7 weeks). I initiated this thread before ordering the machine in order to be ready when it was delivered.

After looking the electronics. After reading several threads in the forum. My conclusions conduct me in doing the following things:

- Stage 1
* Attach an arduino + grbl-shield and the software relevant in place of the USB small board

- Stage 2
* Replace all the electronics whith an arduino mega + ramps (or equivalent)

Motivation:

- I requested early the technical specs of the power board to stepcraft with out result. If any body have the pin out for the power driver board. I will appreciate. Also pictures face and back from the parallel adapter will help too.

- The WinPC-NC starter software is window. I run Linux.

- The WinPC-NC starter is less than "start" based on the comments in the forum. The cost for the full product is 200€.

- The arduino + grbl shield cost 40$ in ebay + a 20-30$ power supply if needed
- The Mega + ramps cost 80$.

In both cases the total cost is a lot less than the full WinPC software and open the stepcraft to the Linux software suite.

Veröffentlicht : 02/02/2015 12:05 pm
 Leon
(@stepc)

Hi Jubin,
eight years later, I found this thread and I’m curious whether your plan (still) works as intended.
How complicated was it to set up?
Thanks in advance!

Veröffentlicht : 19/06/2023 4:54 pm
Seite 3 / 3
Teilen: