Suche
Lieber Nutzer, die Forumssoftware wurde aktualisiert. Für die Erstanmeldung musst Du bitte dein Passwort zurücksetzen.
Dear user, the forum software has been updated. For the first login please reset your password.
Plastic Cable Clips...

Benachrichtigungen
Alles löschen

Plastic Cable Clips / Cable Tidy

19 Beiträge
6 Benutzer
0 Reactions
6,429 Ansichten
(@neil_paul)

Hi, I had a go at making your cable clip from 4mm white perspex. Please find attached a photo as requested. I have also attached a new version of the .dxf file which I have drawn. When I tried to setup the tool path on your dxf file I kept getting an error telling me that that path was impossible, I tried several times to setup a tool path (to be done with a 3mm end mill) and was going to give up on the job thinking it was something I was doing wrong but as a last resort I decided to have a closer look at the drawing in the dxf file. I found that the problem was at the ends of the clip arms, zooming in to that area of the drawing I found that just before the end radius of the arms there is a small zigzag in the outside profile of the clip. All four arms have the same error which is obviously too small to be machined. Hope this helps.

I have now made four of the clips and they fit and work just great. On the question of holding the work piece down I used strips of double sided tape on the perspex which worked well. Turpentine works well to remove the tape from the finished clips and has no effect on the perspex.

Veröffentlicht : 31/10/2014 12:58 am
MACHINE CRAFTED
(@mr-b)
Estimable Member
Themenstarter

Nice work neil_paul,

Thanks for sharing.

I used a 2 mm cutter not 3 mm and it worked fine with the file i attached. But thanks for pointing this out for the larger size cutters and attaching the file too. Great stuff.

Stepcraft 420 (version 1) - HXKJ-GS52-400W Air cooled DC spindle - 445nm Blue Laser diode G2

Veröffentlicht : 31/10/2014 4:24 pm
(@_dt_)

Thanks for sharing the idea and the file. I have built a few with 3mm plywood and a couple using some unknown kind of cheap plastic coming from an old kitchen 4.5mm cutting table.

For the plastic one I tested with two different settings, the last one with more passes and the finishing is of course nicer. I used a 2mm cutter running at 6k rpm (Proxxon ibs/e). I did not have appropriate tools handy for a final manual finishing step, thats why all look so rough. They serve very well for the purpose but I guess the wooden ones will not last a lot, they are too thin.

I have a Stepcraft 300, and my tool chain consist of Qcad, Cambam and Match3.

Greetings from Barcelona!

Veröffentlicht : 08/12/2014 11:55 pm
(@rory)
Reputable Member

nice work. 6k is quite low for the proxxon. its better to keep the RPM up higher. more torque. Try to go not so deep in the cut, move the machine faster and keep the RPM higher.

but- if it works better - then it works better at these settings.

Veröffentlicht : 09/12/2014 1:52 pm
Seite 2 / 2
Teilen: