file Frage showercurtainrodholder

Mehr
23 Aug 2016 20:16 - 23 Aug 2016 20:22 #36830 von nilsman
showercurtainrodholder wurde erstellt von nilsman
Just got my 420 so wanted to start with something easy. My shower curtain rod holders were from the late 1970s and needed replacing. So made new ones from 6mm MDF. Will probably paint them or replace the MDF with Acrylic so that they stand the humidity better. But for now they will do fine as they are. I designed them and used the CAM in Fusion 360. Only problem I had was that UCCNC complained the the work area soft limits would be exceeded (even though they clearly would not). I traced this to some strange "home" location that somehow got included in the post. Need to look into that some further but got it working by removing G28 directly in the code as suggested in some other post.

Parts in Fusion 360:

Cut out parts:

Before:

After:

Dieser Beitrag enthält Bilddateien.
Bitte anmelden (oder registrieren) um sie zu sehen.

Letzte Änderung: 23 Aug 2016 20:22 von nilsman.
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: Worldhusky, bvps, bvs, hoedur, DocBrown, jmasterb

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
24 Aug 2016 00:07 #36836 von AlanUK
AlanUK antwortete auf showercurtainrodholder
Hi,

I had the same problem (am a new user).

I think your soft limits problem is probably because you had not gone to 'Home All', before you start, when first turned on, after clicking reset simply check all movements working, Then press 'home all' the unit should go to the top left corner (back of unit) as looking from tthe front with stop button, the system then has the correct start point, for the limits.

To make the soft limits work correctly you must be using the correct profile for your machine, not the general profile.

Have read in forum several people saying they turn off soft limits, I leave it on and have no problems, except the 'Z' axis stops a bit high above the table, but prefer this to it going too low.

Hope I am on the right track, as I say, am a new user.

Alan

SC600/2, Kress 1050, UCCNC with UC100, Cut2D Pro, TurboCAD and Fusion 360

Mehr
24 Aug 2016 10:12 #36841 von drilldevil
drilldevil antwortete auf showercurtainrodholder
hi,

one hint: the material mdf is not resistant for water or steam.

Andreas

Mehr
25 Aug 2016 00:58 #36860 von nilsman
nilsman antwortete auf showercurtainrodholder
Thanks. I did home the machine and I am already using the correct profile. Most likely the culprit is some setting in Fusion 360 that I have missed or not understood. I'll look into it more during the next project but it's not a major problem as the code is easily removed before running the machine.
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: AlanUK

Mehr
25 Aug 2016 01:01 #36861 von nilsman

drilldevil schrieb: hi,

one hint: the material mdf is not resistant for water or steam.

I'm fully aware of that and as I already wrote I will either paint them or replace the MDF with Acrylic.

Mehr
25 Aug 2016 15:26 #36888 von drilldevil
drilldevil antwortete auf showercurtainrodholder
oh, ok. i didn't get this part ^^.

in my opinion and if you have the choice you should better use makrolon(polycarbonat) instead of arcrylic glass (pmma)

- this is more stress and shock resistant (you need this property at this point where you fix the part on the wall with a srew)
- more flexible

Andreas

Mehr
26 Aug 2016 21:06 #36944 von nilsman
Thanks for the tip on polycarbonate. I ended up painting them white. If they do not last like this I will probably remake them in some plastic.

Dieser Beitrag enthält einen Bildanhang.
Bitte anmelden (oder registrieren) um ihn zu sehen.