Suche
Lieber Nutzer, die Forumssoftware wurde aktualisiert. Für die Erstanmeldung musst Du bitte dein Passwort zurücksetzen.
Dear user, the forum software has been updated. For the first login please reset your password.
Requesting plans fo...

Benachrichtigungen
Alles löschen

Requesting plans for bartop arcade cabinet

32 Beiträge
8 Benutzer
0 Likes
20 K Ansichten
Worldhusky
(@worldhusky)
Noble Member

There's one thing, I'm afraid there's not enough room underneath the control panel to install the hardware.

How much room do you need? You've any dim specs for the hardware available?

This is what we have right now ...

I have no idea how good your Workshop equipment is (not everything needs to be done by a cnc 😉 ) - but would it make sense to miter cut three boards e.g. on a table saw / router to get more room for the hardware?

If neither works we have to think about to steal room from the brezel area or the total height of the cabinet needs to be adjusted ...

Question to the slots for the boards: Right now we have around 3 mm distance to the edge of the side panels. Is that a save game or is that to close to the edge and it could break?

Slot tolerance: I would add 0.1 mm in total to the slot width. Is that enough for an easy assembling with glue?

Whats about T-Molding etc.? Any need to consider something like that in the drawing?

It's not only about tools it's also about skills! 😉

Veröffentlicht : 11/10/2015 11:50 am
J. den Hertog
(@denus)
Estimable Member
Themenstarter

I think the best way is to adjust the height of the lower part: instead of 33 / 16, we should try to get 40 / 25 instead.
That would change the shape a bit, but that's not an issue. Check my own plan (which is on scale) for the example.

The joystick needs minimal 40mm: it may fit on the actual control panel, but it's quite short.

For me, one important detail is the speaker panel. I want to recreate the speaker slots like as on the original cabinet.
So the speaker panel must stay large enough (and that gives us the required space for the hardware too).
I also would like to have the speaker panel covering the joint under it, see pic.

The slots will not break: when the MDF is glued with Bizon wood-glue, it will not move a bit. The slots are merely there for a neat and easy assembly.
As for the t-moulding, I don't think I will find something for 8.3mm panels, so that's not an option unfortunately.

I have some more powertools, but I'm trying to have this done with the SC420/2 and nothing else. My experience with other power tools is that it often goes wrong, and I don't really have a workshop.

Eurotools-24 G-500 & custom-made aluminium table
Kress 800
TB6560 4V3, UC100, UCCNC

Veröffentlicht : 11/10/2015 3:02 pm
Worldhusky
(@worldhusky)
Noble Member

I think the best way is to adjust the height of the lower part: instead of 33 / 16, we should try to get 40 / 25 instead.

All right - no problem.

Will this suit your imagination?

Slot tolerance? 8.4 mm for the 8.3 mm MDF board? Or do you prefer to make all necessary adjustments with the CAM Software?

Any additional thoughts on the final design? Now is the right time to do it. 😉

Time to grease your cnc machine .... :woohoo:

Veröffentlicht : 11/10/2015 10:31 pm
Worldhusky
(@worldhusky)
Noble Member

Veröffentlicht : 12/10/2015 1:07 pm
J. den Hertog
(@denus)
Estimable Member
Themenstarter

That's wonderful!
How can I ever thank you enough!?

Slot tolerance is 8.4 indeed.
I will finish the details such as the position of the joystick and buttons and the monitor bezel (mdd panel behind the plexiglass), no problem!

:woohoo:

Kress 800
TB6560 4V3, UC100, UCCNC

Veröffentlicht : 12/10/2015 2:09 pm
Worldhusky
(@worldhusky)
Noble Member

I will do a little bit more fine-tuning on the drawing to give you the best possible base to complete the final project. Keep in mind that you have to doublecheck everything before you start a mass production. 😉
Let me know if you need something changed - there are always different opinion about how it could be manufactured.

When I'm done with my "Fine-tuning" I will sent you the dxf via e-mail. Please sent me for this purpose your e-mail address via PM. I will treat all your contact information absolutely confidential and expect the same treatment from you regarding my contact information.

Talk to you soon .... 🙂

Veröffentlicht : 12/10/2015 10:48 pm
J. den Hertog
(@denus)
Estimable Member
Themenstarter

That's cool, and thanks again! 🙂

Kress 800
TB6560 4V3, UC100, UCCNC

Veröffentlicht : 12/10/2015 11:20 pm
Worldhusky
(@worldhusky)
Noble Member

Thanks for PM ..... E-Mail with attached dxf is on the way. :woohoo:

Veröffentlicht : 13/10/2015 6:46 am
(@chillimonster)

Superb work with the plans

Been playing around trying to get a 1:1 version of this for a while for production using 18mm MDF, but my design skill fail me.

Must dedicate more time to it now my 840/2 is sat there waiting patiently!

Veröffentlicht : 13/10/2015 3:59 pm
(@chillimonster)

Whats the best software for someone with few design skills to use to start making progress with this?

Veröffentlicht : 13/10/2015 4:01 pm
J. den Hertog
(@denus)
Estimable Member
Themenstarter

I use CorelDraw 7 and Aspire 8, that was for me the best way to get somewhere.

Thereby, I think a parallel port with an UC100 plug & UCNC (or Match 3) software will allow you to do much more.

Kress 800
TB6560 4V3, UC100, UCCNC

Veröffentlicht : 13/10/2015 4:32 pm
Worldhusky
(@worldhusky)
Noble Member

Whats the best software for someone with few design skills to use to start making progress with this?

The best software is the software which suits your needs. No matter how fancy or expensive - if the software is easily doing what you are asking for and will provide the right file quality and formats for the further processing - almost everything works.

Personal I prefer CAD Software for CNC related manufacturing. These "Bartop arcade cabinet" Plans are designed with QCAD Pro. For me a piece of cake but I can't conceal that I have decades of experience in CAD design ...

Veröffentlicht : 13/10/2015 11:18 pm
(@berretto)

Hi Denus and Worldhusky ,
Sorry to pick up an old tread but I'm amazed of this!
I was looking for a plan to provide to a friend that has a cnc manchine and I was seeking a nintendo cabinet like this but nothing possible to found around and expert in assembling but not on design. This is the only and also well documented tread I've found and a very professionale job!

Can I courtesy have the files needed to replicate it?
I would really try to made it!

Ale

Veröffentlicht : 18/12/2017 4:25 pm
(@handsofhovis)

Hi

Like Berretto This is exactly what I've been looking for... I know the thread is over 2 years old but hoping they amazing members could help us out.

Veröffentlicht : 08/01/2018 1:03 am
(@robjb)

Wow this is amazing looking! Would it be possible to get the dxf file for this? Would love to build one and haven’t found anything close online

Veröffentlicht : 07/02/2020 8:08 am
Seite 2 / 3
Teilen: