file Frage Wall plaque

• woodendonkey
  • woodendonkeys Avatar Autor
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Forum Nutzer
Mehr
10 Jun 2015 00:30 #22074 von woodendonkey
Wall plaque wurde erstellt von woodendonkey

A wall plaque (my first commission!) presented today by the Diaconate of the Church of Scotland to a delegation from the United Church of Zambia.

The material is 9mm birch plywood (280mm diameter), with a mahogany stain and satin polyurethane finish. The central DCS lettering was achieved by cutting into the middle of a layer of the plywood, all other text is V-carved, as is the cross.

I stained and coated the plywood before starting, then gently sanded and added two top coats of (sprayed) PU.

Two brass D-loops are affixed to the back with brass screws; I had to cut the screws in half as they were too long, file the ends and pre-drill holes - nerve wracking stuff when you know there is no time to do it all again if you put the screw through the wood!

I'd be interested to hear how others are applying finishes to CNC cut wood - I can't see how to apply finishes without spraying, and that makes it difficult if you don't want a uniform colour.

Software used was V-carve Pro, 60 degree v-bit, 1mm end mill, 3mm spiral to cut out the outside. I ran a v-bit around the perimeter before final cut out to give a chamfered edge.

Donald

Learning from mistakes until I become an expert!

Dieser Beitrag enthält einen Bildanhang.
Bitte anmelden (oder registrieren) um ihn zu sehen.

Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: Rory, Mr. B, hoedur

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
10 Jun 2015 09:29 #22080 von hoedur
hoedur antwortete auf Wall plaque
It looks great!

Wenn du heute nur das tust - was du gestern schon getan hast - dann bleibst du auch morgen nur da - wo du heute schon bist

Rüdiger
☺☺☺ Lass mal späne produzieren!!! ☺☺☺
Pro Vario 10-05 D200 / Estlcam / WinPcNc USB / Kress 800

vorher: 600er / Estlcam / Mach3 UC100 mit USB...

Mehr
10 Jun 2015 09:47 #22081 von Rory
Rory antwortete auf Wall plaque

woodendonkey schrieb:

Software used was V-carve Pro, 60 degree v-bit, 1mm end mill, 3mm spiral to cut out the outside. I ran a v-bit around the perimeter before final cut out to give a chamfered edge.

Nice touch.
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: hoedur