question-circle Frage Stepcraft 600 & UC100 not working

Mehr
13 Sep 2014 16:01 #8119 von Russmario
Stepcraft 600 & UC100 not working wurde erstellt von Russmario
Built my unit, installed Mach3, install UC100 driver and plugin, get blue light confirming connection. Loaded configuration file provided by supplier, Load a sample GCode, reset machine and start the program but nothing happens

I check the Uc100 input/output monitor to see what us happening and I can see the x y z numbers changing but the step craft unit us doing nothing. Yes power is on, have 2 green lights on board, emergency stop is released !

So what have I mussed ???

Thanks

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
14 Sep 2014 12:48 #8136 von Rory
Rory antwortete auf Stepcraft 600 & UC100 not working
What configuration file are you using?

If your machine is on (machine motors should "lock")

And your UC100 is showing up and you can select the plugin for the UC100 when opening Mach3 - then the UC100 is working.

Before you load the Gcode file you need to make sure the machine moves under mach3 control (using keys)
right/left - X
up down - Y
page up / page down Z

Sounds like you are not loading the correct profile.

Make sure you run the mach3 loader and select your STEPCRAFT profile?

You need to see movement from the machine before you try to upload Gcode

Mehr
14 Sep 2014 23:35 #8154 von Russmario
Russmario antwortete auf Stepcraft 600 & UC100 not working
Makes sense, which screen is manual control on ? ... Ok another dumb question, how do I know my profile is correct ... I was given an XML file and told to use it ? Can I get the XML from another source ?

Failing all that how does one manually create a profile ?

Many Thanks

Mehr
15 Sep 2014 16:12 #8166 von Rory
If you click the TAB key you will bring up the jog menu.

I you have Mach3 open you should be able to jog with keyboard keys. This is the same as using the "jog" on the screen whan you hit the tab key.

We give all people who purchase a STEPCRAFT from us an installation CD with all the instructions

If you follow these steps with your XML file,

and...

your machine is on (motors lock)
Estop is released (spin the red button clickwise)
UC100 is recognised by Mach3 when you open up Mach3
And your UC100 us plugged into your machine correctly with the LPT card (note you need to make sure the connection is good between the UC100 and the LPT card - double check you have plugged it in correctly.

If all theses are okay - then it comes down the profile.

The settings for the motors step and direction pins are in the manual for the STEPCRAFT machine.

Mehr
15 Sep 2014 23:25 #8178 von Russmario
Russmario antwortete auf Stepcraft 600 & UC100 not working
Ah, the secret panel... TAB ... Hadn't worked that one out... Thank-you ! :)

As it turns it would seem that the XML was damaged in some way as i received by email... Re downloaded it from the email and it worked first go ! So now i am moving in XYZ

Ok... Next question Y travel... Seems to chatter in the end 20% in each direction... Not enough grease/oil?... To tight/slack on the rollers?

X&Z seem to run clean

Mehr
16 Sep 2014 13:03 #8186 von Rory
Well done. you need to loosen the bolts holding the orange end plates to the aluminum profiles and run the portal up to the edge. What you should find is that the machine will not stall when these bolts are loose - run the portal to each end and make sure she is okay - when the portal is at the extreme of travel then tighten the end plate bolts.

Please open up a new thread for this issue so we can flesh it out under its own topic.

Thanks

Rory
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: Russmario

Mehr
16 Sep 2014 18:34 #8197 von heustec
heustec antwortete auf Stepcraft 600 & UC100 not working

Russmario schrieb: Ah, the secret panel... TAB ... Hadn't worked that one out... Thank-you ! :)

As it turns it would seem that the XML was damaged in some way as i received by email... Re downloaded it from the email and it worked first go ! So now i am moving in XYZ

Ok... Next question Y travel... Seems to chatter in the end 20% in each direction... Not enough grease/oil?... To tight/slack on the rollers?

X&Z seem to run clean

Note on this also Russmario, make sure that when you are tightening the tension bolts that you dont just tighten for the spot it is in as along its route it may get tighter in certain areas, specifically the ends. I tighten mine for each extreme which seems to work ok, if you find they are coming loose due to vibrations, use a small drop of medium lock-tight which really helps.

Ball-end allen keys help alot here too!

Kind Regards,
Alex
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: Russmario