question-circle Frage Newbie here. Can't home my machine.

Mehr
12 Mai 2022 21:31 #62345 von Strape
Newbie here. Can't home my machine. wurde erstellt von Strape
Hello,
I have problem homing my machine. I am totally new to the CNC stuff.
Here is video:
youtube.com/shorts/ujMU0ZzPI8k

When I press "home all" the Z axis starts moving up, reach top and starts moving down. It makes weird noise while moving down and stops after few seconds. Then I must reset the whole machine with the big red button to be able to control it again.
I searched a little on internet and tried setting the soft-limits to 1000000, but it made no difference.

Do you have any idea what is the problem? I bought the kit, putting it together myself, so it might be even problem in assembly. I took the Z axis apart, but saw nothing obvious. I know I had problems in the assembly with the thin sheet metal flaps activating limit switches, but I think they should work fine now.

Do you have any advice, please?

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
26 Nov 2022 10:29 #62736 von [email protected]
Hello, Strape. I am newbie, as well. As well I encounted same problem as you. How did you manage to fix this problem?
May be you now know some useful resource for newbie CNC regards?
Denis

Mehr
09 Mai 2023 11:44 #63121 von [email protected]
There are two fix you can try.
1. Start the home sequence and push the lower z limit. If it then moves in x, you must adjust the metal lever on the micro switch, so that it engages earlier.
2. When mounting the z axis, it is possible to squeeze the cables, so you get a grounding problem. Remount the z axis, and look for squeezes cables.

Mehr
13 Mai 2023 10:56 #63130 von tonitsh
tonitsh antwortete auf Newbie here. Can't home my machine.
Same problem here for me. but when i home, my x axes tries to go out of the frame.

Mehr
10 Okt 2023 23:52 #63369 von Maj
Hi
I have the same homing issue that you posted, may I please know how did you fix it
Cheers
Maj

Mehr
16 Okt 2023 09:11 #63376 von m_gabell
m_gabell antwortete auf Newbie here. Can't home my machine.

Maj schrieb: Hi
I have the same homing issue that you posted, may I please know how did you fix it
Cheers
Maj

A problem I had when doing some of this was that the soft-limits were set and it might be that. Its perhaps not the full story but
it might be something to check. Just remove soft limits while you try out.