• adrienne.smatt
  • adrienne.smatts Avatar Autor
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Forum Nutzer
Mehr
03 Nov 2020 17:04 #59758 von adrienne.smatt
Z axis plunging too deep wurde erstellt von adrienne.smatt
First time poster.
I've had my Stepcraft 600 for about 4 years now and every time I go to use it something else goes wrong. When it is something physical, I can seem to figure it out and fix it, but this time it is a programming issue (I suspect anyway) and I really don't know what the problem is.

A couple weeks ago I got a new bit - a 3 wing heavy duty surfacing bit with carbide cutters. I drew up a surfacing code in fusion 360. Made sure to save everything in millimeters (because I've come across that problem before, stepcraft doesn't like inches) and then clicked over to uccnc to run the code. Well, now there's a 1" hole in the bed of my cnc because even though I had set the zero, it went crazy - dashed away from where I wanted it to cut and then plunged really deep.

I thought it was the new program I'd written up. So after walking away from the machine for a couple week (and with a deadline of this weekend for a market I'm trying to prep for) I've come back with fresh eyes. I decided to avoid the new program and the new bit for now, and run a code I know works. Except it has decided to plunge far too deep once again.
This program previously worked just fine. I don't know what the issue is now. the X & Y axis seem to run fine but the Z is plunging way too deep, threatening the bed of the cnc.
It is plunging too deep in the first few lines of the code - it should gradually step down. Again, I've previously used this code with no issues.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm running out of patience.

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
03 Apr 2021 21:15 #60873 von elvira
elvira antwortete auf Z axis plunging too deep
Did you solve this problem?

Mehr
24 Jul 2021 14:49 #61293 von antho8101
antho8101 antwortete auf Z axis plunging too deep
Same problem. I am still looking for a solution to solve this big problem (I also made holes in my aluminum bed...)

Mehr
27 Jul 2021 09:15 #61301 von CNCMiller
CNCMiller antwortete auf Z axis plunging too deep
What CNC control software you are using?
Is it Winpc-nc or UCCNC?

Possible solution is to reverse the Z height in the control program since you use G-code.
In Winpc-NC you can find that on: the tab "Parameters > Import Format" > DIN/ISO check 'invert Z coordinates'

SC 1/420 + Gantry extension, Kress 1050 FME-P, NeJe 20W Laser, WinPC-NC USB v4.00, Vectric Aspire 9, SolidWorks 2021

Mehr
27 Jul 2021 10:16 #61303 von elvira
elvira antwortete auf Z axis plunging too deep
Yes, I solve this problem.
The usb contact was moved a little bit out.

Some connection are missing and everything goes wrong.

Mehr
01 Sep 2021 00:07 #61391 von CarsonLeh
CarsonLeh antwortete auf Z axis plunging too deep
I'm having a similar issue with my OTK. Blade dives 3mm deeper on random lines in file even though the code is set correctly. Anyone have any suggestions?