file Frage Sudden shift during pocketing

Mehr
10 Mai 2020 17:46 #58984 von Terlouw
Sudden shift during pocketing wurde erstellt von Terlouw
Today I (beginner) was pocketing wood with a 6mm ball mill with a Stepcraft D600 and an AMB 1050. As shown in the attached image, the center position suddenly changed with about 8mm in the x-axis. There did not seem to be any obstruction or other mechanical problem. A while ago, a sudden change in the Z-axis position also occurred (fortunately going up). I calculated my feed rate using the Stepcraft instruction, using a RPM of 18.000 and a feed rate of 3420. I'm using Fusion 360 for making the G-codes (and the simulation was OK), using WINPC-NC USB as software.

Does anybody know what the most likely problems are?

Anhang wurde nicht gefunden.

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
24 Aug 2022 16:52 #62570 von kwarts
kwarts antwortete auf Sudden shift during pocketing
Hi,

I was having the same experiences. I somewhere read that you have to use a USB cable with a ferrite coil at the beginning and the end. After I bought this cable the problem was gone. Also make sure the ground cable is connect!

Mehr
26 Aug 2022 11:16 #62576 von CNCMiller
CNCMiller antwortete auf Sudden shift during pocketing
Hi,

Most problems in sudden changes or strange behaviour of your machine are communication related (unless you have a corrupted G-code).
Or the USB connection is not stable enough or your computer is preforming other tasks during the milling process.
Another issue can be a time out on the USB port (power safe) of your computer.
Grounding of your machine can help, I don't have that on my machine and have never any problems.

SC 1/420 + Gantry extension, Kress 1050 FME-P, NeJe 20W Laser, WinPC-NC USB v4.00, Vectric Aspire 9, SolidWorks 2021