question-circle Frage Z axis binding/or stalling

• garyprecious
  • garypreciouss Avatar Autor
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Forum Nutzer
Mehr
21 Jan 2018 16:13 #52275 von garyprecious
Z axis binding/or stalling wurde erstellt von garyprecious
New to CNC but have a new 840/2 and have been extremely happy with until the last couple of weeks. Either when jogging up with the shift key on the z axis, it jambs or stalls until I slow down by releasing the shift key. Now It is doing it during a job, thus shifting the zero point and ruining the work in progress. Any help for a novice would be appreciated. Cheers

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
21 Jan 2018 21:35 #52279 von vdh43
vdh43 antwortete auf Z axis binding/or stalling
Hi Gary. I have a 840/2 just like you and have the same issue. I presume that your problem is a loss of steps, somewhere, somehow and problably you will be told to fix that. I rebuilt my machine over and over again, making it only worse...
I tried already to use a lighter Dremel in stead of my Kress endmill, which i bought along with the Stepcraft. Made a little difference. Now i'm making some experiments with the speed rates... with various success.
And although it's problably a loss of steps, i can't manage to get the thing 100% perfect aligned... So, i'm keeping my hopes to lower the speed so it won't be losing any steps...

Stepcraft 840/2
UCcnc 100
Parallel port
Kress FME-Q 800w - Dremel 300
Aspire 8.5 software

From Belgium
supplier : Sorotec Germany
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: garyprecious

Mehr
28 Jan 2018 23:49 - 28 Jan 2018 23:49 #52359 von Doug
Doug antwortete auf Z axis binding/or stalling
I got all my Stepcraft axes mechanically tuned to a high standard but I still had to run at a maximum speed of 2,500 mm/min. At 3,000 mm/min, the Y and Z axes bind but the Z is o.k. when lubricated. I have run it for many hours over many months for up to 4 hours a session successfully at 2,500 mm/min.

You guys probably understand this already, but the slower the motor turns, the higher the torque output. That's why slowing it down helps overcome minor binding issues.

Doug

Stepcraft 2/840, StoneyCNC industrial HF spindle, 4th axis, TurboCAD 2016 Professional 64 bit, MeshCAM, GWizard feeds & speeds calculator, UCCNC
Hobby use: guitar building (luthiery), dsgb.net
Letzte Änderung: 28 Jan 2018 23:49 von Doug.

Mehr
29 Jan 2018 17:59 - 29 Jan 2018 18:01 #52369 von vdh43
vdh43 antwortete auf Z axis binding/or stalling
Hi Doug,

indeed, because mine isn't that well outlined i had to lower the speed to a shameful 1000 mm/min, but at the end of the day, my Stepcraft is finaly working for hours after hours, without loss of steps.

Although, a rebuilt of the machine is at stake, i'm enjoying the working Stepcraft for the time being...

Dieses Bild ist für Gäste verborgen.
Bitte anmelden oder registrieren um das Bild zu sehen.

Dieses Bild ist für Gäste verborgen.
Bitte anmelden oder registrieren um das Bild zu sehen.

Stepcraft 840/2
UCcnc 100
Parallel port
Kress FME-Q 800w - Dremel 300
Aspire 8.5 software

From Belgium
supplier : Sorotec Germany
Letzte Änderung: 29 Jan 2018 18:01 von vdh43.
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: Doug, garyprecious

• garyprecious
  • garypreciouss Avatar Autor
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Forum Nutzer
Mehr
19 Feb 2018 12:48 #52844 von garyprecious
garyprecious antwortete auf Z axis binding/or stalling
Thanks Doug, followed similar route last time this happened, may have to lower the speed a bit more. Just can't figure out why it was fine at the default speed for about four months from being built. What has changed???

Cheers
Gary

Mehr
19 Feb 2018 13:03 #52845 von DerRoy
DerRoy antwortete auf Z axis binding/or stalling
Well most probably a lot of dust has been blown into it.
Unfortunately the Z-Axis is quite open and can get a lost of dust etc. which is than binded by the grease.
I would say a complete dismantling and cleaning of the z-Axis, including all the the rollers, threaded rod etc. could help a while.
And don't forget to regrease afterwards.

MfG
Roy

SC 600/2; SolidWorks; UCCnC und UC100; EstlCam und Arduino Steuerung; KRESS 800kfme;
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: garyprecious