file Frage Cutting on the inside instead of outside the outline

Mehr
11 Nov 2017 22:36 #51158 von ozone
I posted this earlier, but I can't seem to find the question, much less an answer.

Anyway, I created two profiles, one that cuts out some shapes on the inside of the shape I drew and then a second profile that is supposed to cut out the part on the OUTSIDE of the outline I drew. It seems to be cutting everything on the inside of the lines and consequently my part comes out too small. Comments/solutions? Do I need two entirely different files instead of two different profiles?

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
12 Nov 2017 09:28 #51159 von CNCMiller
Hello ozone,

in what program do you draw and generate your G-code?
Normally you can create numerous toolpaths and profiles in one drawing/project.
just as easy on the inside or outside to cut or pockets or even graving text, it all depends on your program.

SC 1/420 + Gantry extension, Kress 1050 FME-P, NeJe 20W Laser, WinPC-NC USB v4.00, Vectric Aspire 9, SolidWorks 2021

Mehr
12 Nov 2017 13:38 #51160 von ozone
Thank you for the reply, but I figured it out. Maybe this will help someone else.

The problem was my outline was not a continuous circle, it had a little notch on the top and this confused the software, causing it to react backwards from normal. I removed the notch so that my outline was a continuous circle and then it cut on the outside of the line. Simply switching it to inside instead of outside also worked, but it cut the notch way to big. I'll attempt to attach images here to demonstrate.

Dieser Beitrag enthält Bilddateien.
Bitte anmelden (oder registrieren) um sie zu sehen.