file Frage Machine HOME on Stepcraft2 (600) not working

Mehr
25 Okt 2017 19:25 #50939 von CT63
I have just built my first CNC - a stepcraft2 (600). I have installed UCCNC and the stepcraft UCCNC software for the 600. The "First Step" documentation says I need to Home the machine. The Z axis is the first axis to operate but it doesn't know when to stop!! When I hit the HOME ALL button, the z axis rises, hits the x axis gantry but tries to keep going. The motor grinds and the UCCNC display shows the x-axis is still rising to fictional measurements. I have to hit the Cycle Stop button to stop it. Because I can't get past the z axis, I can only assume the x and y axis will do the same. Am I doing something wrong? Are there settings I need to change to make it work correctly? The limit switches all "click" when I press them manually but only the y axis switch lights up the diagnostics and sets off the RESET alarm. I have checked the wiring and all looks OK as far as I can see, but shouldn't the x and z axis light up the diagnostics as well? I feel like I'm not understanding the software requirements within UCCNC and the First Steps documentation is not telling me what I need to know.

Apologies for not writing in German, but I haven't written in German since I went to school 30 years ago. I would be grateful for any help

Craig Turner (Ireland)

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
25 Okt 2017 23:44 #50942 von frankjoke
You may have a problem with the home switch for Z or with the cabling.

Check out the diagnostic screen if the home switch can be activated/deactivated manually. If yes then the position of the switch is a problem, if not then the cabling is a problem.

p.s.: Check also x & y switches!

Frank
Steppcraft 600/2 + HF500 + SwitchBox + Laser + Schleppmesser
Absaugung und Vakuumtisch
an Mach3 oder UCCNC mit Taster für Z-Null und Werkzeuglänge

Mehr
28 Okt 2017 15:43 #50963 von CT63
Thanks Frank,

It was the cabling - I had stretched the x/z limit cable trying to get it through the cable-tidy on the x axis gantry. It had exposed the wiring of both limit cables and they were touching caused a signal failure. I got an electrician friend to fix it and all is well. The Home All is working fine now.

Craig