file Frage Krebs spindle and S600

Mehr
11 Okt 2017 11:10 #50733 von Herriman
Krebs spindle and S600 wurde erstellt von Herriman
I have a Stepcraft 600 /Mach3 and I was running a Proxon via the SWS1200 switch.
I now have a Kress 1050 and it does not start up when I start cutting.
I have not changed the settings.
If I change the Step Low A from red (X) to green (Tick) the spindle starts up (see attachment) , which shows it is connected and works. Trouble is it just runs and I have to change the setting back to stop it.
I just want it to start when I start cutting and stop when the machine stops.
Any ideas??
Thanks
David

Dieser Beitrag enthält einen Bildanhang.
Bitte anmelden (oder registrieren) um ihn zu sehen.

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
11 Okt 2017 16:32 - 11 Okt 2017 16:42 #50743 von DerRoy
DerRoy antwortete auf Krebs spindle and S600
Hi,

I don't know Mach3, therefore I am not sure if I can be a great help.
Did you add / change the start GCode (if possible in Mach3) in order to tell it to start the spindle?
Should be M3
M5 needs to be in the end GCode in order to stop the spindle.

P.S.: It just came into my mind, most probably you need to set this part up in the CAM programme you are using.
In my case it is in EstlCam, here I can add own GCodes into the section start and end code which EstlCam automatically adds to the GCode for milling.

MfG
Roy

SC 600/2; SolidWorks; UCCnC und UC100; EstlCam und Arduino Steuerung; KRESS 800kfme;
Letzte Änderung: 11 Okt 2017 16:42 von DerRoy.

Mehr
12 Okt 2017 19:19 #50775 von Herriman
Herriman antwortete auf Krebs spindle and S600
Thanks but that doesn't help. The G code is ok. The relay jsut makes a high frequency clicking noise as opposed to one click when it switches.

Mehr
28 Nov 2017 15:07 #51382 von blown406
blown406 antwortete auf Krebs spindle and S600
David, first my disclaimer - I am not a technician for Stepcraft, but have many years working with relays and electrical, mostly 12v low voltage world. From my past experiences, that high frequency noise (relay chatter) that you describe sounds like a low voltage or poor ground issue. Is there any way to hook up a voltage meter or lab scope if you have one, to the relay and monitor it when sending the M3 or M5 to the controller? Just throwing this out there in hopes of shedding some light on the issue. Good Luck.

Randy

Mehr
28 Nov 2017 18:30 #51387 von CNCMiller
CNCMiller antwortete auf Krebs spindle and S600
Herrian,

I use the SC420/1 and the SWS1200 unit first with the Proxxon but now I changed to the Kress.

So first change the toolholder to the version 2 of the 420 (kress won't fit on version 1)
Mount the Kress 1050 and connect it to the SWS 1200 nothing changed to software settings or post processor.

And everything is working fine just as before.
So I think your problem does not lie in the G-code or software, unless you changed things.

So how did you setup your kress?

SC 1/420 + Gantry extension, Kress 1050 FME-P, NeJe 20W Laser, WinPC-NC USB v4.00, Vectric Aspire 9, SolidWorks 2021