file Frage open vector difficulties with vetrix 2d

Mehr
30 Mai 2017 15:45 #47710 von Huff
open vector difficulties with vetrix 2d wurde erstellt von Huff
I've been using autodesk fusion 360 to generate .dxf's for vetrix 2d to subsequently generate toolpaths for UCCNC. I'm finding that a lot of dxf's so created have "open vectors" despite the lines joining each other in Fusion 360, and subsequently large portions of the toolpaths not being made.

Any idea what I might be doing wrong, or weaknesses in Vetrix 2d that might be the cause? As yet I've been unable to satisfactorily repair then within vetrix.

The shape I need is this: An oval shape, cut only the long axis into two halves into two equal parts, one being moved away from the other so that when cut the width of the cutter along the long axis of the shape doesn't eat into the desired halves of the shape. Currently I'm having to generate the shape, extrude it two halves, move those shapes apart, then create a new sketch and regenerate the lines by following the new path. Then the 2nd sketch is turned into a dxf and processed normally.

Any wisdom gratefully received.

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
30 Mai 2017 16:52 #47712 von Huff
Attached is the .dxf file which is giving me trouble.

Dieser Beitrag enthält einen Anhang.
Bitte anmelden (oder registrieren) um ihn zu sehen.

Mehr
30 Mai 2017 19:19 #47719 von Worldhusky
Worldhusky antwortete auf open vector difficulties with vetrix 2d
Hi Huff,

Huff schrieb: Any idea what I might be doing wrong, or weaknesses in Vetrix 2d that might be the cause? As yet I've been unable to satisfactorily repair then within vetrix.

First look ... your dxf looks good .... but it isn't. Here is just one of many examples where the transition will cause trouble in a CAM Program. I zoomed extremely in to see that!

So, the question is: Is this drawing properly done by you with a proper use of Snap points etc. or is this a result of the exported file by Fusion360/Vetrix 2d?

It's not only about tools it's also about skills! ;)

Dieser Beitrag enthält Bilddateien.
Bitte anmelden (oder registrieren) um sie zu sehen.

Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: Huff

Mehr
30 Mai 2017 19:31 - 30 Mai 2017 19:41 #47721 von CNCMiller
CNCMiller antwortete auf open vector difficulties with vetrix 2d
Huff,

Your DXF is as good as any other DXF file.
I have loaded it in Aspire and see that you are making a thinking mistake.
Your two halves are interrupted by 3 squares.
If you want to create two halves you must move the 3 squares to an other layer and made them temporary not visible.
Than connect the strait lines of the halves en then join the lines as one figure (half oval).

But maybe I misunderstood your question else problem solved :)

SC 1/420 + Gantry extension, Kress 1050 FME-P, NeJe 20W Laser, WinPC-NC USB v4.00, Vectric Aspire 9, SolidWorks 2021
Letzte Änderung: 30 Mai 2017 19:41 von CNCMiller.

Mehr
30 Mai 2017 23:11 #47728 von Huff
Many thanks indeed, as you surmised, the "snap" button had become unchecked in Autofusion so I was unwittingly introducing gaps. Soon as I redrew it with snap enabled the problem disappeared. What a duffer I am! As I nearly always draw with snap enabled I never thought to check...

Heigh-ho, another lesson learned!

Mehr
30 Mai 2017 23:29 #47730 von Worldhusky

Huff schrieb: Many thanks indeed, as you surmised, the "snap" button had become unchecked in Autofusion so I was unwittingly introducing gaps.

Hihi - I'm confused! I was talking about the Snap's and an other answer gets the Thank-you Button pressed?
Crazy world!

Mehr
31 Mai 2017 02:22 #47732 von Huff
It seemed good manners to thank everyone who took the time to try and help, regardless of who came up with the answer that helped with my particular problem. I'm new to the forum, so if that's not the required netiquette, I'll adopt a more thankless approach in future! :evil:

Mehr
31 Mai 2017 06:15 #47734 von Worldhusky

Huff schrieb: It seemed good manners to thank everyone who took the time to try and help,

Ok - understood: I'm obviously not in this elite group and that is the reason why I haven't received a Thank you from you.

Never mind!

Mehr
31 Mai 2017 06:54 #47735 von Huff
I do apologise, I was under the impression I'd thanked both contributors, but I now see this wasn't the case, now corrected.

Mehr
31 Mai 2017 07:10 #47736 von Worldhusky

Huff schrieb: I do apologise

Apology accepted! ;)