file Frage Tool length sensor broken?

Mehr
13 Mai 2017 16:18 #47144 von MMorao
Tool length sensor broken? wurde erstellt von MMorao
Hello! I had mislaid the above but I found it accidentally by tripping on its cable. As a consequence it made a rough landing by impacting the ground.

Now it's not working. In UCCNC I get the message "The sensor was active. The operation was aborted". Trying to click the sensor button manually it just drops a couple of mm but there's no click, meaning the limit switch inside is jammed closed or worse.

Is there anything that I can do or should I just order a new one?

Clockwork Orange is a S600 with 4th axis, Kress 1050. Software is UCCNC, DeskProto, Rhino, DraftSight. Also a Silhouette Cameo for vinyl, plastic card, etc.

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
13 Mai 2017 17:30 - 13 Mai 2017 17:32 #47149 von peterg1000
peterg1000 antwortete auf Tool length sensor broken?
Hi,

Rotten luck - it's probably a broken connection inside (should be a circuit when not activated). It must come apart, so have a look inside and see if one of the connections on the microswitch has come adrift.

Whilst it is apart its worth checking each of the wires for continuity from end to end as well just in case.

The microswitch ought to stand many 10s of "G"s before departing this world, but check this as well with your test meter.

Good luck,

Peter.

SC 420/2, Industrial VFD spindle from StoneyCNC
UC100 + UCCNC
Cut2D, Autosketch10, Draftsight, Eagle 9.5.1

There is no problem, however simple, that cannot be made more complicated by thinking about it.
Letzte Änderung: 13 Mai 2017 17:32 von peterg1000.
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: MMorao

Mehr
13 Mai 2017 17:54 - 13 Mai 2017 17:55 #47150 von Doug
Doug antwortete auf Tool length sensor broken?
As Peter says, it just has a green plastic bodied microswitch inside, probably the same Donghai brand as the axes limit switches.

I had a look for these on the Farnell and RS Component web sites but no luck. Not much luck Googling them either so you would need to find an equivalent. StoneyCNC carry spares for the axes limit microswitches.

Surely it will just be a wire severed though and therefore an easy fix?

Doug

Stepcraft 2/840, StoneyCNC industrial HF spindle, 4th axis, TurboCAD 2016 Professional 64 bit, MeshCAM, GWizard feeds & speeds calculator, UCCNC
Hobby use: guitar building (luthiery), dsgb.net
Letzte Änderung: 13 Mai 2017 17:55 von Doug.

Mehr
13 Mai 2017 22:44 #47159 von MMorao
MMorao antwortete auf Tool length sensor broken?
Thank you both :cheer: I'll try to do that tomorrow if my sanity prevails. I blame St.... for not providing me with a foam floor :woohoo:

Clockwork Orange is a S600 with 4th axis, Kress 1050. Software is UCCNC, DeskProto, Rhino, DraftSight. Also a Silhouette Cameo for vinyl, plastic card, etc.

Mehr
13 Mai 2017 22:59 #47160 von peterg1000
Hi,

Rapid Online is another source for a range of microswitches - there are a number of standard sizes with different contact ratings. The sensor should use one with a very low rating (100mA DC at most).

Peter

UC100 + UCCNC

There is no problem, however simple, that cannot be made more complicated by thinking about it.

Mehr
14 Mai 2017 14:45 #47176 von MMorao
Peter, you'll understand the Prussians had the Pour Le Mérite Order for exceptional feats of valour. I myself was awarded the Pour More Concrete Order for exceptional feats in engineering :woohoo:

Let's not elaborate too much on this, ok? :whistle:

Mehr
14 Mai 2017 15:08 #47178 von peterg1000
Myself, I have several times been a recipient of the "Pour more wine" order for aid to those who have dropped clangers!! B)

Cheers!!

UC100 + UCCNC

Mehr
15 Mai 2017 20:46 #47238 von MMorao
Hehehehe! Peter, I would be a hypocrite if I said I was sorry, but I took the coward's way and simply ordered a replacement from Rory. I am obliged to pay a premium for conservation of what's left of my sanity!

In the meantime, the piece of cigarette paper works beautifully. I don't smoke so I had to go pick some butts :woohoo: