file Frage Dust extraction - how to start and stop ?

Mehr
31 Mär 2017 19:10 #46010 von GeeDee
Dust extraction - how to start and stop ? wurde erstellt von GeeDee
Hi,

I've made my own homemade dust extraction system for my Steppi 840. It works OK.

But now, I want to stop it when the job is done, or say, when the spindle stops, because I want to start a new job at the end of the working day, leave it running overnight, and have it ready in the morning.
But then of course, I do not want the vacuum-cleaner running all night.

Can anybody point me in the good direction for this ? I know I have to play with the GCode, and I know I can attach external relais but I do not know any details, and do not find anything about this on the net.

Thanks.
Gerry.

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
31 Mär 2017 23:53 #46017 von qdewolf
I bought this set of controlled sockets www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DQELHBS/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 from amazon. I set the remote so that switch 1 does the machine and a light, switch 2 does the milling head, switch three does the vacuum.

• MagIO2
  • MagIO2s Avatar
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Zu viele Ideen und zu wenig Zeit
Mehr
01 Apr 2017 00:48 - 01 Apr 2017 00:51 #46018 von MagIO2
I think it's a real bad idea to let the machine run alone. See here, or here what can happen. Probably no insurance will pay if the machine sets your house on fire while you are sleeping.

SC 420 mit DIY parallel + Proxxon mit Mod + HF500 + SprintLayout + LibreCAD/QCAD + FreeCAD +WinPC starter/USB->EstlCAM + EstlCAM LPTAdapter + EstlCAM Handrad + DIY Vakuumtisch

Gruß, Andreas
Letzte Änderung: 01 Apr 2017 00:51 von MagIO2.