file Frage No Movement Stepcraft 840

Mehr
09 Dez 2016 20:37 - 09 Dez 2016 20:45 #40396 von Delta029
No Movement Stepcraft 840 wurde erstellt von Delta029
Yesterday my stepcraft 840 was moving fine. However, because of the orientation of the machine on my tabletop, I wanted to change the position of the coordinate origin/ home point to the opposite corner, while also rotating the workspace through UCCNC for my setup to still be usable. I moved the machine head to the opposite corner. But no way through the software did I find a way to rotate any axis. After some research I was directed towards the profile file through windows file browser. I made some edits to the profile that way. Then I went to restart UCCNC through the 840 profile. I was met with an error message telling me the profile was missing. Nothing I could do with my current installation could make UCCNC see the profile again. I couldn't find any recourse online, except by contacting someone through a forum. I didn't want to join a forum. So I reinstalled UCCNC.

After the reinstallation, I go to start UCCNC with the 840 profile, I get no error message and the profile loads fine, but now the machine head doesn't move, in any axis. I hear noise from the machine, the same noises as though it was moving normally, but no movement. Maybe movement of a few mm, but nothing more. I do hear the noise as though it hits the limits in every axis. I have the jog speed at %100 (any reference to a speed at its fastest), using continuous speed not step, and override limits is on. No movement.

All connection lights are on, nothing seems incorrect in the diagnostic menu/tab. I am not in demo mode. And yes, all cords have power, otherwise I would hear no noise.
Letzte Änderung: 09 Dez 2016 20:45 von Delta029.

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
12 Dez 2016 18:02 #40548 von Delta029
Delta029 antwortete auf No Movement Stepcraft 840
No need to respond to this thread anymore. The answer was, to move t
he machine head by hand. Somehow the motors had got stuck. I can only assume, after the reinstallation, because I had not moved the machine head to its default position before the reinstallation, when I started up the application, the software believed that the position of the machine head was always at extents, in every direction.

Mehr
12 Dez 2016 19:42 #40553 von Rory
Rory antwortete auf No Movement Stepcraft 840
where did you buy your machine?