file Frage Motor screech

Mehr
24 Sep 2016 14:22 #37692 von cncnewby
Motor screech wurde erstellt von cncnewby
Hi all,

I have just finished building a v1 420 kit...all went well, software installed ok and started to jog the machine
in each axis. The z and y went well but the x moved ok to the edge, stopped and now wont move. all I get is a screeching noise from the machine.

Any ideas what I need to do?

Thanks,
M

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

• ThomasDbg
  • ThomasDbgs Avatar
  • SC2/600 mit HF Spindel 500W
Mehr
26 Sep 2016 10:28 #37753 von ThomasDbg
ThomasDbg antwortete auf Motor screech
It sounds like that the leadscrew isn´t proper adjusted...

Produktevangelist :-)

Es grüßt mit der Ihm gegebenen Freundlichkeit...

...der Thomas

Mehr
27 Sep 2016 09:04 - 27 Sep 2016 09:05 #37769 von Rory
Rory antwortete auf Motor screech
Mechanical tuning required.

power down and check all axes move freely

roller adjustment

pulley adjustment

move the axes by hand and feel what happens. by moving by hand you are the motor :)
Letzte Änderung: 27 Sep 2016 09:05 von Rory.

Mehr
26 Okt 2016 08:46 #38617 von Doug
Doug antwortete auf Motor screech
I'm in the same position. Z and Y jog freely (except for a strange rattle at one specific point on the Y axis) but the X axis is jamming at the motor end unless the extrusion is loosened from the gantry uprights. Silly me, I thought the very last stages would be easy.

I also found that my T slot bed jammed with maybe 2" to fully home. A frustrating day of mechanical tuning and trying to get the bed fully inserted ahead I think :-(

Doug

Stepcraft 2/840, StoneyCNC industrial HF spindle, 4th axis, TurboCAD 2016 Professional 64 bit, MeshCAM, GWizard feeds & speeds calculator, UCCNC
Hobby use: guitar building (luthiery), dsgb.net