file Frage HF500 spindle not turning on

Mehr
19 Sep 2016 04:59 #37527 von Joel
HF500 spindle not turning on wurde erstellt von Joel
I have a borrowed Stepcraft 2 /840 machine with an HF500 spindle motor and controller. Problem is that the motor will not turn on with an M3 gcode. The motor will run normally when turned on manually with the push button switch and speed select knob on the controller unit. However, M3 just doesn't work. I have tried running the test file (HF-spindle-test.nc). The tool path is correct but the spindle never turns on. Note that the LED on the control unit will turn on when the spindle is manually operated but never turns on when an M3 gcode is executed. Perhaps someone could tell me what the spindle configuration settings should be. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
19 Sep 2016 09:19 #37530 von peterg1000
peterg1000 antwortete auf HF500 spindle not turning on
Hi Joel,

Attached is a screen shot of my UCCNC spindle configuration page - mine is an HF350, but probably differences are trivial between the two spindles. Make sure the cable is sound of course!

Peter

SC 420/2, Industrial VFD spindle from StoneyCNC
UC100 + UCCNC
Cut2D, Autosketch10, Draftsight, Eagle 9.5.1

There is no problem, however simple, that cannot be made more complicated by thinking about it.

Dieser Beitrag enthält einen Bildanhang.
Bitte anmelden (oder registrieren) um ihn zu sehen.

Mehr
19 Sep 2016 21:14 #37542 von Joel
Joel antwortete auf HF500 spindle not turning on
Thank you for your quick reply.
I actually solved the problem last night. The software installation had resulted in there being 3 shortcuts to the software on my desktop. I was aware of two of them but the third was buried among other icons and was overlooked. It was the one that had the correct spindle motor configuration. The problem was with the spindle motor relay output. The wrong configuration put it on Pin 17 and the correct one put it on pin 1. There were also some minor differences from your screen shot:

PWM Frequency: 900 Khz
Min Duty Cycle: 12%
All delays: 1000 mS

Anyway, Thanks again!