file Frage Lost X and Y movement

Mehr
08 Jul 2015 15:00 #23179 von carbon
Lost X and Y movement wurde erstellt von carbon
Can anybody help?

My SC600 has ceased moving in the x and y direction. I am using WINNCPC with USB and only the Z axis and the 4th axis are responding. When I tell it to go to reference it drives the z axis to the limit switch but then fails to move the x and y axis. I have tried it with two different laptops with the same result. Sometimes I get a "Reference Switch Active" warning when it fails, other times it just sits there. When I do a status check from the WINPCNC menu I see a red light on the 4th/C axis, but am not sure what this is telling me.

This just started happening yesterday after using the 4th axis stepping motor for the first time for rotating a piece and I am stuck. I am thinking maybe I have a stuck switch but I am not sure how to proceed.

SC 600. WinPCNC Pro/UNC, 3D Printhead, Aluminum Bed, Foam Cutter, Engraver

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

• speedo
  • speedos Avatar
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Forum Nutzer
  • 420v1 / Sorotec Vakuumtisch / EstlCAM+CNC
Mehr
08 Jul 2015 16:07 #23180 von speedo
speedo antwortete auf Lost X and Y movement
Check the wiring. Loose contacts are a very common problem.

Daniel
zenziwerken.de « dxf-downloads von kreativen Projekten
cnc-wiki.de « lesen ... lernen ... fräsen

Mehr
08 Jul 2015 17:05 #23181 von carbon
carbon antwortete auf Lost X and Y movement
I checked the wiring and all connections are tight.

I then swapped the stepping motor connections for the Y and the Z axis. After doing so, the Z axis in the program moves the Y axis and the Z axis now fails to move. I believe this tells me that the stepping motors are good since they move appropriately when driven by the z-axis driver. I also believe this tells me that the problem lies in the circuitry on the StepCraft microstep controller board. There don't seem to be any fusible links I can replace. Any thoughts? I guess I need to replace this board.

SC 600. WinPCNC Pro/UNC, 3D Printhead, Aluminum Bed, Foam Cutter, Engraver

• speedo
  • speedos Avatar
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Forum Nutzer
  • 420v1 / Sorotec Vakuumtisch / EstlCAM+CNC
Mehr
08 Jul 2015 19:41 #23190 von speedo
speedo antwortete auf Lost X and Y movement
Call stepcarft. There has been cases of failure of the driver board.

Daniel
zenziwerken.de « dxf-downloads von kreativen Projekten
cnc-wiki.de « lesen ... lernen ... fräsen
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: carbon