file Frage Problems running my S600

Mehr
24 Jun 2015 18:41 #22609 von Herriman
Problems running my S600 wurde erstellt von Herriman
I have my S600 up and running now and I have built a small project to get me started with both CAD and Mach3.
It was a steep learning curve as I am sure most of you know. I am happy with what I have a aceived.

I do have 3 things where maybe someone could help.

1. When I start up Mach3, I often get "UNC100 not found"
I then have to re-start Mach3 numerous times after pushing and pulling on the USB wire/connecters. I have just fitted a new USB cable which seems to help but I obviously wont know for a few days.

2. A couple of times I have had to stop the machine mid-programm . After this the Z refuses to move up. When I jog, it moves in the DRO window but does not move physically.
I then have to close the machine/software down and re-start.

3. Twice I have started a programm which goes to about the third line of Gcode: G49 and then stops. G49 is "cancel tool length offset" , which I must admit, means nothing to me.

Any ideas would be appreciated.
Thanks
David

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
25 Jun 2015 17:59 #22638 von Rory
Rory antwortete auf Problems running my S600
You can have a UCC100 no found for a number of reasons.

IF there is any issue with the Micro USB then you can have connectivity issues. You need to be careful about managing cables. A good strategy is to use an LPT cable -plug this into the machine and plug the UC100 into the cable. make sure to be careful of the cables when moving the machine.

USB power hubs on PCs can do strange things. Make sure your not running any power save stuff.

it can also be the USB port on your PC itself not being the freshest.

External device like hoovers, pumps etc can cause noise spikes and can in some cause issues.. Its best to have the machine on its own plug at least.

Mehr
25 Jun 2015 19:49 #22640 von Herriman
Herriman antwortete auf Problems running my S600
Thanks, I'll give the cable a try

Mehr
25 Jun 2015 22:53 #22645 von frankjoke
frankjoke antwortete auf Problems running my S600
Please check if you have a grounding problem. People on German forum had difficulties based on different potentials on the machines which you can resolve by grounding The Stepcraft (and other tools connected).

Frank
Steppcraft 600/2 + HF500 + SwitchBox + Laser + Schleppmesser
Absaugung und Vakuumtisch
an Mach3 oder UCCNC mit Taster für Z-Null und Werkzeuglänge