file Frage Questions of a newbie

Mehr
25 Apr 2015 19:55 #19508 von leroyo
Questions of a newbie wurde erstellt von leroyo
Hello all,

I've finally buy and build my machine; A stepcraft 840.
I'm very happy as the build was not too complex, but now, it's time to work with the machine.
I have the win PC-NC starter and I can drive the machine with the jog menu.
I follow all the window in the menu and I have some questions (and others questions will follow as I'm a complete newbie);
-Do I have to register myself (upgrade window) ? Upgrade to which version ?
-Is it normal that sometime, when I open WinPC-NC, menus are not the same ? Sometime I have more options, sometimes less ?
-Can I do 3D project with this WinPC-NC ?
-I've tried some milling (the teddy bear provided with WinPC-NC)but I don't know how to tell to the machine to start milling where I want.
-How to do to center a piece to mill ?

Thanks for help !
Olivier

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

• MagIO2
  • MagIO2s Avatar
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Forum Nutzer
  • Zu viele Ideen und zu wenig Zeit
Mehr
25 Apr 2015 20:09 #19510 von MagIO2
MagIO2 antwortete auf Questions of a newbie
- It is recommended to register. If you want to upgrade to the full version they need to find you in the list of registered customers, so that you get the upgrade for 200€
- WinPC NC executable itself IS alsready the full version. As long as you start it without the machine switched on, it shows you all the functionality. As soon as WinPC finds the stepcraft during startup, it will fall back to the Starter version if there is no key for the Full version.
- No 3D with Starter, not even proper 2,5D, as you can only load 2D files. With the full version it's 3D.
- First youd run the reference search, then you load the file you want to mill and move the graphics on the screen to the position with the buttons (I think it was the pin needle)
- Try the parameter "Zero in File" (or something similar - I don't know the english version) and set it to center

SC 420 mit DIY parallel + Proxxon mit Mod + HF500 + SprintLayout + LibreCAD/QCAD + FreeCAD +WinPC starter/USB->EstlCAM + EstlCAM LPTAdapter + EstlCAM Handrad + DIY Vakuumtisch

Gruß, Andreas

Mehr
25 Apr 2015 20:34 #19514 von leroyo
leroyo antwortete auf Questions of a newbie
Thanks for answers !

I have unplugged the machine and I have full access to menu.

For register, I need to send an email (to the adress on the pop up) with the provided code, right ?

Olivier

Mehr
26 Apr 2015 06:55 #19556 von Papje
Papje antwortete auf Questions of a newbie
I did send my full address and the 7-digit serial number.
When contacting with Lewetz always with your serial number or you will be ignored!

Autodesk Inventor 3D / Altium PCB Designer / 3D printing / Winpc-NC / UCCNC / Mach3 / Proxcon IBS/E > Stepcraft 2/600 - Google translate Dutch > German is my best friend

Mehr
26 Apr 2015 18:10 #19604 von leroyo
leroyo antwortete auf Questions of a newbie
I've just have a look at possible format that winPC-NC can read; .PLT, .DXF, .OPT, .EPS, .NCP, .DRL ...

When I upgrade, do the full version (3D) of WinPC-NC can open more file format ?