file Frage differential outcome between Cut2D and UCCNC ?

Mehr
07 Apr 2015 08:13 #18381 von tugwilson
differential outcome between Cut2D and UCCNC ? wurde erstellt von tugwilson
I am getting strange outcomes from the file I have in the Cut2D program to when it is transferred to G code, on one occasion I had to make two copies of the same piece so "copy/paste" the item and set it along side each other to be cut, when I inspected the Gcode image on the CCNC program one of the copies was shortened by some 12 mm. has anyone any ideas as to what's going on. I have deleted this twice and tried it in two different places, ie., swapped them over to see if it was just one but it still does the same thing and to the same side.
I am using the Mach2/3 Acrs (mm) setting when transferring to the CCNC for Gcode creation and up till now there has not been any problems, so I'm sure it's not the Cut2d program or the machine it seems to be in the conversion of the file to Gcode that's the problem in other words the CCNC is converting data incorrectly.
any help would be appreciated as I'm now at a standstill with this project.

Tug

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
07 Apr 2015 12:22 - 07 Apr 2015 12:30 #18397 von Rory
Tug - can you send files?
If the Cut2D || Gcode || UCCNC process has been working well then there is no reason for this and there must be some explanation for the geometry reduction.

can you send the files and we'll have a look?

also - do you mean the machined part measures 12mm difference? or the visual output on live view?
Letzte Änderung: 07 Apr 2015 12:30 von Rory.

Mehr
07 Apr 2015 14:53 #18407 von tugwilson
the view on the CCNC program showed the difference between two identical objects so I did not cut them. I reverted back to a single and did it twice, however there have been differences one from another on some of the files I did some time ago.
All these files are for a customer.
just take this one, copy/paste and move it across, then ask the Cut2D to save the Gcode I think you will find the do not come out the same.

Dieser Beitrag enthält einen Anhang.
Bitte anmelden (oder registrieren) um ihn zu sehen.

Mehr
07 Apr 2015 15:40 - 07 Apr 2015 15:42 #18411 von tugwilson
wooooops sorry wrong file this one is the one I had problems with. sorry Rory

Tug
PS tried to copy paste and give it to you as I tried to use it but cannot save in recognised formate only crv so it will not upload.
Brian

Letzte Änderung: 07 Apr 2015 15:42 von tugwilson.

Mehr
07 Apr 2015 18:53 - 07 Apr 2015 18:54 #18435 von Rory
Looks like the DXF is the culprit. When asked to go outside the vector Cut2D produces a toolpath inside also. See "Cut2D toolpath difference". It seems to be random also - copy and paste same vector and the second one doesn't work. Sometimes it does

This will result in lot geometry of twice the diameter of the tool in the Gcode file and therefore (correctly) in the UCCNC. See "UCCNC size difference"

So the lost geometry was coming from the Cut2D toolpath generator before the Gcode was generated. So the generated Gcode and resulting toolpath view in the UCCNC were in fact correct (if the issue you had is the same as the one seen here).

Try the cleaned up DXF and see does it go away - cleaned DXF works perfectly here (tug test file keel.dxf). its attached to this post (hopefully)

See also the working DXF copied and pasted 4 times without issue and the UCCNC showing what was in the CUt2D view.

how are you generating DXFs tug?

Dieser Beitrag enthält Bilddateien.
Bitte anmelden (oder registrieren) um sie zu sehen.

Letzte Änderung: 07 Apr 2015 18:54 von Rory.
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: tugwilson

Mehr
07 Apr 2015 20:53 #18441 von tugwilson
I was not generating, the files are from the customer, I think he's using CorelDraw I will ask.
How do I clean up the DFX, I have Coreldraw can I put it into this program and then save it under another formate ?

Mehr
08 Apr 2015 12:41 #18475 von Rory
There are a number of settings when exporting. The top line / curve was the problem. There were a lot of points in it that were not needed - I just cleaned it up and re-drew the line and it was okay.

Try QCAD - you can download for free. its open source.

A possible solution is to open the DFX file from client in QCAD and then re-export as DXF from there and QCAD might do a better job than corel with the DXF data. There are settings there too when you export.
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: tugwilson

Mehr
08 Apr 2015 16:13 #18491 von tugwilson
Thanks Rory your help is very much appreciated.

Tug
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: Rory